Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys my buddy has an 02 mustang gt 5 speed with new throttle body, exhaust, and short throw shifter other than that its stock.my 97 lude 5 speed has je pistons,eagle rods,parton sleeves,apexi n1 exhaust,skunk 2 cams gears and valvetrain, and exedy stage 1 clutch.do i have a shot at beating him down a straight?not to brag but i know im a better driver.he isnt bad but he loves his mustang so he wouldnt want to damage nething so he would most likely launch weak and shift a little early but will his car make up the handycap in his conservitive driving?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Without dyno numbers for your built engine, who knows. However, I will go out on a limb and guess that you will get killed. Only one way to find our for sure though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to throw my two cents in and defend myself. Im the friend with the 02 GT and found out that he posted this about us racing. Other than the three things he mentioned I have other stuff done, i.e. 4:10 gears, steeda UDP, K&N intake, sport springs, timing adjuster. Plus 10.5" tires to lay down the rubber.
Yes I do drive conservatively, but when he said he's a better driver than me I had to say something. And yes I will beat him :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess I am just used to mustangs running 12's. I have a coupe friends with stangs but none are stock so I was not aware they were that slow. Preludes are mid 15 second cars, now even if he is stock he will take you because he has 300 ft/lbs, a V-6 would be more in your area as they run mid to high 15s with PI heads. And a V-6 with bolt-ons and 4.10s would take you because again of the torque advantage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts