Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to start this whole thing off, i met this saleen mustang at a light. now, at first i couldnt remember if this was the supercharged version or not so i rolled up on him really slowly. realizing that i would probably never remember, i got beside him and revved on him a bit. he didnt even seem to pay me any attention, so i kinda gave up. so, i gave it a decent bit of gas as the light turned green just to be sure and sure enough i heard his side pipe exhaust hit a different note when he realized i was a half a carlength ahead of him. at that point i burried it and stayed about the same amount ahead of him (barking all the way through 1st gear) and yanked 2nd hard. the result was about 1/2 second worth of chirping and then i pulled on him hard. we went to about 55mph before he quit and turned left and i was already about 1 to 1 1/2 carlengths ahead. i was giddy for about the next 30 min or so knowing that i beat a saleen!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
man thats gotta feel good. i know i'd feel good...
-Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
Trust me guy, you didnt race an S281-SC. If it were superchaged, you would be seeing his taillights the whole time!!!! Those things put down 310 RWHP bone stock. A buddy of mine has a 2002 S281-SC, and with a different pulley, and exhaoust mods, (as well as other things) he puts down 425 to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also, the saleen is essentially a GT. It just had underdrive pulleys, different exhaust, and fuel filter (as well as appearance mods). They put out 285 HP at the crank (only 25 HP difference from a GT). Im sure those 18 inch chrome wheels take away some power though, as well as the body kit. I will admit, they are very nice cars.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Always gotta have the domestic owner come in a say whats up:laugh: Veg whats the diff b/w that saleen and a svt cobra 02 and 03?

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
body kit slowing u down? with that much torque? lol no....

·
Registered
144 Posts
nuro said:
body kit slowing u down? with that much torque? lol no....
No, it wont slow you down significantly, but it will slow you down slightly, if even a negligible amount because of the added weight. As far as the differences between the saleen and 02 and 03 cobra.... First, there is no 02 cobra. The only prior design cobra was 99 and 01. These cobras are just a 32V DOHC v8. The make about 320 HP. The 03 cobra is a cast iron block 32V DOHC, forged internals, supercharged with an eaton roots type blower (at 8-10psi I think).

That one makes 390 HP which is VERY underrated. Most dyno at 360-370 RWHP bone stock. The saleen (s281) is a GT with saleen underdrive pulleys, borla exhaust, and performance fuel filter, and they make 285 at the crank. The supercharged saleen (s281-sc) has the same GT engine with a saleen series IV roots type blower at 8 psi. They make 375 at the crank. There is another saleen (s281-e) that one is the same gt block with forged internals, and it has the saleen series V roots type blower. This car can be recognized by the center line exhaust. They make 425 at the crank.

Any more questions...... ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive been thinkin of trying to get some of these races on video, but its just a regular 8mm video camera. can u put films like that on a computer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts