Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, i was just chillin not really in a racing mood, but was in a hurry to get home so i was speeding. i'd been driving for awhile cause i live like 30mins from work. this GTP blows by me i didn't really feel like going on him so i let it slide. but traffic seem to have an odd way of letting me catch back up.

the GTP had moved over to the middle lane and i was slowly pulling up on him to just casually pass him, mind you not racing yet. but right about the time i got to his back bumper, it seemed like my speed kept gaining but i wasn't passing him i was just staying EXACTLY with him. So i figure what the hell i hate it when people do that, but again just let it slide and just keep accelerating untill i knew he wanted to go then i pinned it, didn't drop a gear or anything cause i was already in 4th doing 80, i could have dropped to 3rd but i didn't want to. i slowly walk past him and traffice interferes and we slow down.

but he comes up again after we slow down to about 70 cause of traffic he comes up on my a$$ and i let him get beside me and then i drop to 3rd and away we go, i have to tell you guys i honestly thought i would lose i mean the thing was supercharged, but me and him stayed ALMOST even but i did pull slightly enought to get in front of him.

whats everybody elses experience with GTP supers?? i thought they we're like really fast, or at least i did think they could beat us.??

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ran with a gtp a couple of times.... each time getting pulled on 'till I got really fast (ie: >115mph). Once... I think he hit his speed limiter. I beat one from a stop to about... top of third and then hit traffic. I don't think he knew how to launch 'cause he just spun and spun... :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had one mess with me the other day on the highway. He stayed right on my butt and I could not leave him. (he wouldnt get on the side of me till his exit came... so...... I would say that he would have pulled on me,,

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea it is not a car that i would go around saying i could stomp on, to say the least, but it wasn't as impressive as it should be, i mean come on you supercharge a prelude and we are way more impressive than that. but then again i guess they do always have the trans am

·
Registered
482 Posts
what is a gtp?

·
Registered
854 Posts
with intake exhaust and pulley they can run mid 13s to high 13s..very potent

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PreludeRacer023 said:
with intake exhaust and pulley they can run mid 13s to high 13s..very potent
U ever gone at one, you have damn fast JDM right? i wann know how you stacked up

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is one in my town that's pretty quick. He's on a built motor running 12-13 pounds. He said he was putting over 300 to the wheels and close to 400 tq. I only beat him by 3-4 car lengths from a stop.

·
Banned
267 Posts
possibly, dont remember too well, but I do remember that people in the stands were laughing when it went up against a single-turbo conversion toyota supra and then started saying 'holy ****' when it beat the supra's 12.1

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
The early ones aren't that special though. The 4th gen five speed Maxima guys never had a problem. I think the early ones ran the quarter mile in about the same time the 5 speed Preludes do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts