Honda Prelude Online banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
ILELUDER - For working at a Honda dealership you don't now very much about the Prelude. This is not a slam on you, but most people at the dealerships don't know anything about the Prelude. 97-98 is different from 99 and up. Let me quote you from Honda's own brochure from 1998 "[email protected] rpm for the stick and [email protected] for the auto"

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
klee.007 said:

Yup.. trust me Greek... I was looking forward to the headers being different! Now I have to get ANOTHER DC Sports CC header!
No you don't. You said yourself that you have other priorities. Besides what ever you do you won't be faster than OUZO Powered. Heck I'm even gonna tone it down now. I finish my final mods next month.

·
Registered
10 Posts
FAKE YOU GUYS

I HAVE BEEN INTO CARS BEFOR I STARTED WORKING AT THE HONDA DEALER I WORK THERE CUZ I LIKE THE CARS.....I WILL GET THE STICKER THAT SAYS THE SPECS OF THE CAR AND I WILL POAST THEM FOR YOU ASAP

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
And what is the name of the Honda dealership that you work at and and where is it located. It's good to know what dealerships to stay away from. Like Klee.007 mentioned. it's that button on the right side of your keyboard about three rows up that says caps lock, hit that once for all of us. I just figured you might have trouble finding that as you will have trouble finding the "specs" you are looking for.

·
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hokester said:
And what is the name of the Honda dealership that you work at and and where is it located. It's good to know what dealerships to stay away from. Like Klee.007 mentioned. it's that button on the right side of your keyboard about three rows up that says caps lock, hit that once for all of us. I just figured you might have trouble finding that as you will have trouble finding the "specs" you are looking for.
:eek: - ohhh!!! (knee slappin'! finger slappin'!) Good one Hokester!

ILELUDER, I see that you are new here... welcome to PreludeOnline.com baby!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Differences between 97-98 and 99-01 (Since I've had both)

97-98 Prelude 195 hp - Manual 190 - auto

99-01 Prelude 200 hp - Manual - 195 - auto

99-01 New Mesh grill introduced in US

99-01 Keyless entry became standard on all Ludes

99-01 Radio changed from old style to new with different harness

Did I forget anything? :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: CANADA...........A

ILELUDER said:
IN CANADA DONT THEY HAVE DIFFRENT MODELS
I KNOW IN JAPAN THEY HAVE 4 DIFFRENT MODELS
Those damn canadians!!! They have the Type SE which includes Leather, Heated seats, and heated mirrors. :mad:

·
Wolf in sheep's clothing
1,150 Posts
klee.007,

Great post man. I've made my decision and I'm buying the DC headers next week. I've always thought that the "5HP" increase is nothing more than marketing from Honda. I think that all 5th Gen 5 speed Preludes have 195HP. You should present this post to DC Sports to see if they hook you up. I mean after people read this they are going to go out and buy headers for their cars. You're giving DC some business. Oh yeah and probably Mugen.

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
anyone got a pic of that nifty mesh grill?

man i got jipped in europe. 97-99 at 185 hp (i have the 99). 00-01 at 200hp.

but who knows, they could all be the same for all i know.... just like the 195 and 200....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
great thread:bigthumb: definitley should be FAQed imo.

as for that guy who works at the dealer saying its always 200hp from 97 and up... well that just fits totally into our image of the typical Honda salesman:laugh:

not to mention hes selling lots of old products priced above retail prices of new products in the classifieds forum... just adds on to how much honda salesmans know about the cars they r selling... even worse, driving.

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,078 Posts
Re: CANADA...........A

ILELUDER said:
IN CANADA DONT THEY HAVE DIFFRENT MODELS
I KNOW IN JAPAN THEY HAVE 4 DIFFRENT MODELS
Actually that's not even true. 4 different engines, but 5 models. They have the Xi, Si, SiR, SiR S Spec and Type S. The last 2 sharing the same engine but different methods of LSD - the S Spec actually is a true LSD, where as the Type S has the same ATTS system that the SH has.

Canadian models are only different in their add-ons. We have heated seats and mirrors since 97, leather in the SH in 2000, no SH in 2001 and a SE model introduced in 2001 which was based on the base model which had leather seats and SH rims.

As for the engine specs - the majority of people have got it right, so I won't repeat that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Atleast you admited it. It's all good. Hey why doesn't anybody give me any ****ing credit here? hahaha I bought the DC and gave him the Stockers dammit. haha

41 - 60 of 70 Posts