Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I don't post here much, but I was hoping someone with a 97 or later Prelude could do me a huge favor.

I'm researching an OEM fuel injector upgrade for 99+ Civic Si's that are running turbo and superchargers. The Prelude injectors flow more, but I need to know if they are the same type of injector.

Can someone pop the connector off of one of their fuel injectors and tell me the resistance value (ohms) you get when the probes are applied to the injector contacts?

I need to know this number to determined whether or not this plan will work for me.

I would be very grateful!!
It'd save me a lot of trouble!

Thanks,
Sonny

·
Registered
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sonny:
Hi guys,

I don't post here much, but I was hoping someone with a 97 or later Prelude could do me a huge favor.

I'm researching an OEM fuel injector upgrade for 99+ Civic Si's that are running turbo and superchargers. The Prelude injectors flow more, but I need to know if they are the same type of injector.

Can someone pop the connector off of one of their fuel injectors and tell me the resistance value (ohms) you get when the probes are applied to the injector contacts?

I need to know this number to determined whether or not this plan will work for me.

I would be very grateful!!
It'd save me a lot of trouble!

Thanks,
Sonny
</font>
Man oh man... that's not a huge favour.

That's like giving up your first born!

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ommoran:
Man oh man... that's not a huge favour.
That's like giving up your first born!
</font>
LOL...c'mon, man!!
Oh buddy, oh pal...that Canada is a great place, eh?

Sonny

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
for 97+ 5G Ludes they are 290cc/min saturated
93-96 are 320cc/min Peak and Hold

also 71DSP posted this link a while back it might be of some use

http://www.supras.com/~riemer/sonictech/fuel_injectors/RCtech.html

</font>
BlueShadow:

Thank you for the info.

The 99+ Civic Si uses saturated 240cc injectors that read 11.9 ohms.

The 5G Prelude injectors are also saturated, but a pretty reliable source told me that they wouldn't work. That is why I'm double-checking everything.

If I can get the resistance reading from the injector, that'll tell me for sure.

Thanks,
Sonny

·
0 Posts
The injectors on the 5Gen are saturated, 290 cc/min, and should work fine (unless the body shape is different). I have a set (stock 5Gen injectors) that I am not going to use on my build up if you are interested.

I can't measure the resistance right this minute because I don't have a DMM here with me. I do have the injectors out of the car, though!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 6 of 6 Posts