Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 h22a1 that cranks no start. There’s new spark plugs, distributor cover, a new coil, new plug wires, a new alternator, a new battery, a new idle air control valve. Just replaced the coolant temp sensor because I was getting a code for it, now I’m not getting any codes the engine light just stays on. Also I’m getting fuel to the rails. Power throughout the car, radio works, clock, everything is getting power. I don’t really know what to do now. Also the last owner did a swap to the h22 that’s currently in it dunno if that matters.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
ChaseF,

Did this engine/swap ever run without issues or you just got the car because the previous owner couldn't get it going?
This is a good question.

Assuming this is a manual, is the sensor for the clutch pedal being fully depressed working?
I remember the plastic piece on the clutch pedal broke at one point so the sensor no longer was depressed. I could not get the car to start. Replaced the piece, no issue.

You can check the pedals and press them while taking a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChaseF,

Did this engine/swap ever run without issues or you just got the car because the previous owner couldn't get it going?
Bought the car running, after 3 months lost power. All the electronics work it just doesn’t drive. First broke down I jumped the car, second I changed the battery and altinator, and now the third time it doesn’t start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a good question.

Assuming this is a manual, is the sensor for the clutch pedal being fully depressed working?
I remember the plastic piece on the clutch pedal broke at one point so the sensor no longer was depressed. I could not get the car to start. Replaced the piece, no issue.

You can check the pedals and press them while taking a look.
From the look of it, it still works anything else I could check?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Bought the car running, after 3 months lost power. All the electronics work it just doesn’t drive. First broke down I jumped the car, second I changed the battery and altinator, and now the third time it doesn’t start.
Sounds like you need to use a voltmeter and check continuity across multiple components.

Does it sound like fuel pump is clicking and turning on?

What are you missing?
Fuel, air, or spark?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you need to use a voltmeter and check continuity across multiple components.

Does it sound like fuel pump is clicking and turning on?

What are you missing?
Fuel, air, or spark?
Looks like I’m not getting a spark, I’m getting power thru pretty much everything so I’m guessing the distributor. Hopefully if I change it it’ll turn over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts