Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off i have searched and search and what i have learned is, nothing. They either go off topic or other stupid stuff like you should do this instead. So im going to ask quite simply this.
I am concidering a h23 vtec in place of my h23a. What i want to know from someone that has done it! What is needed for the install. Can i use an obd2 ecu if so what wiring will need to be done. Or would it just be easier to swap over all my obd1 attachments? What ecu works best? I guess it would just be easier to ask for a parts needed list. Now if by some miracle i missed an actual helpful forum that covers this please link it. But ive been doing the research for a year now so i dought it. Help me please. I belive the h23 vtec would be a better option for my budget. If not ill have to do the standard h22a swap. Blaa

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 92 Lude and will be installing a H23 blue top in mine. My donor car with the H23 in it is a 95 Honda Civic Coupe. It has a p28 with Hondata I believe. Since the H23 is coming out of a OBD1 car it should be fairly easy in my case. I'm following you thread just case someone chimes in.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Swap works pretty much the same as a jdm H22a swap.

You'll want an OBDI ECU so you can tune it. The ECU that originally came with the bluetop H23 vtec motor won't work for a number of reasons, so you will need a chipped ECU. I used a p28, ran great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok cool. I have a p28 with a Hondata. So the H23a1 harness will work? Do I need to run wires for the vtec on a 92? I know 93 and up already have the wiring for vtec, just didn't know if 92 Si had it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts