Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, I own a 92si prelude, engine was swapped out to an f22a, exhaust is aftermarket, other than only aftermarket parts are visual, she's pretty old but she's my baby for sure and I want to give her some good TLC, problem is I know nothing at all haha,shell has 250,000kms engine has 190,000kms was serviced about 5000kms ago So she runs alright, but what can I do to make her purr, and is it worth fixing up such an old beast ? I'm only 22 and this is my first car so I would have a very hard time letting go of it and I do have a Big disposal income to put into it, I'm not looking to make any money off of it once she really goes either so investment wise I'm not bothered. Welcome any advice please 馃檪

Administrator
What kind of mods are on the car now? What kind of service was done recently? Due to the high mileage, perhaps a tuneup, fuel injection cleaning, transmission flush, things like that is a start.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg Oh I'm not too bright with mechanics, but from what I know ; before I purchased it, the intercooler was swapped over with a pod filter, exhaust swapped out, timing belt was changed over about 10,00kms ago, distributor changed about 5000 kms ago everything else is stock standard, manual.

Administrator
Since by the sounds of it your exhaust is already swapped out, and you have a pod filter (cone filter for us in the US :)), another bolt-on you can do are swapping out the stock header for an aftermarket one. Speaking of the exhaust, was it full catback (from catalytic converter to canister), or only the canister/muffler portion?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh I see okay if you don't mind me asking, what does swapping out the header do? Thank you for the insight! It's just the muffler portion that has been swapped out, done before I purchased it again. Would I go to just a daily mechanic for this kinda work or? Name speaks for itself I'm not the brightest with cars but all for learning

Administrator
The aftermarket header (if you get a decent one) should have better airflow than stock. Full catback exhaust is the same principle, ultimately better airflow. Outside of sound, it'd be a waste to have an aftermarket intake, but are restricted everywhere else. Make sense? If you're not mechanically inclined, a regular car mechanic or shop should be able to do the swapping out for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh sweet I see what ya mean! Hmm okay how do I know what the right bolt ons/ header etc are for my car ? Thank you for the current knowledge by the way! ??

Administrator
If you search around the site, there's a number of conversations about getting the right header. For instance, here's a discussion about headers here: http://www.preludeonline.com/f60/seriously-header-266857/ Though it's a 5th gen Prelude conversation, most of the manufacturers mentioned makes a 4th gen version as well. Also, take it from that conversation and from me, avoid getting a DC header. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts