Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the car two days ago and it already has trouble starting. Battery is new alternator is new starter wasn’t new so I changed it and it didn’t start, fuses were all good (checked engine fuse box, and under the steering wheel) there was a missing fuse on the positive terminal cable and after I put a 20amp in there is started. Three hours later It gave me the same issue. Starter clicks but won’t turn on. Buddy says there’s a small gap Where I bolted on the starter but I am not sure that’s the problem. Can you guys suggest anything else?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The starter clicks but the car won't turn on? Or the starter clicks but does not turn (spin)? There shouldn't be a gap between the starter and transmission housing, it should sit flush. Is your car an automatic or manual? I would inspect the flywheel, I worked on a manual Prelude before where the owner had starting problems and he bought the starter I put it on for him and the car wouldn't start. After close inspection I found out that the flywheel's teeth were spinning around freely (see image). I took a flat head screwdriver and was able to move the teeth around the flywheel. I ended up removing the transmission and putting a new flywheel and that fixed his problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts