Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so i have an 89 prelude si automatic:(, i wish it was a 5 speed then i would have this problem but anyway, if its cold it wont shift out of second gear right away, but i found a way around that but my other problem is that once i have been driving for about 20 mins if i race it around or just go up a steep hill to where it needs to shift down, the check engine light comes on and the tranny starts acting up, and by acting up i mean when i let off the gas it shakes, if i barely press the gas it tends to shimmy like its not sure what to do, but if i turn the car off and start it again the problem goes away for a while, so is this my tranny going out or my tcu, or is it one of my shift solenoids because i am not sure, i want to convert it to a 5 speed cause my buddy has a 5 speed parts car or thats what i would call it but anyway any suggestions would be awesome

·
JDM H22 POWER
306 Posts
Change your transmission fluid immediatly. Put Honda Automatic Transmision fluid in it.

·
Banned
57 Posts
yeah i think the transmission fluid is bringing this problem up.. and you need to check your shift gear too since it was start of your problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts