Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help damn help!!!!! 86 prelude 2.0 fuel injected will absolutely NOT start without a jolt of starting fluid and even then will run on that for 2 seconds and die . Yes I know the ills of using starting fluid too. I can hear the fuel pump turn on . I am getting fuel all the way past the fuel filter and up to the fuel rail. I took off the fuel rail and the and made sure each injector was clean and spraying a nice triangle spray. I checked the voltage on each injector and the wiring plugs to the injectors and all were within specs. New plugs , wires , distributor cap and rotor button all new. Still the damn thing will not start on its own without a shot of starting fluid and only will run on that shot and immediately die. My Haynes manual love to talk about the ECU unit but for the love of God will not show what it looks like or where it's at. AutoZone says they can get me a map sensor for it for $189 yet I doubt seriously that my 86 Honda Prelude even has a map sensor to begin with. Even if it does the Haynes manual makes no mention of it and I can find nothing on Google that says I even have one or I don't have one. Any ideas on what is going on with this Honda before I run it off Insurance Bluff somewhere? Thank you sincerely freaking frustrated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts