Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Billy,

I was just lookign at the NTPOG website and noticed on your setup page you have "Thermo-Tec exhaust wrap" on the AEM intake?

what is this? just a thermal insulant? what were your intentions for doing this?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if he's weird then what would that make you malken? *grin* .oO(dissing a moderator admin)

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
Hi Billy,

I was just lookign at the NTPOG website and noticed on your setup page you have "Thermo-Tec exhaust wrap" on the AEM intake?

what is this? just a thermal insulant? what were your intentions for doing this?
</font>
Paint it like I did mine : ) It's intended to be an insulator from the heat of the engine bay, but has the added effect of dampening some of the intake noise and lowering the tone (like dynamat).

Probably not worth much in terms of power, but it looks cool and makes people ask about it

G

·
Todd is probably right. There isn't much power to be found, but when I first bought the AEM, you couldn't even touch it after driving for a bit. Now with the ThermoTec wrap on it, I can grab it with my hands, even after driving all day.

The ThermoTec wrap is just an insulator for exhaust systems. I just used it on my intake instead. It's also painted with ThermoTec's high temp paint (per their instructions), to keep the wrap from absorbing moisture.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
By the way, that profile is really old, there's a bunch of new stuff that needs to be added.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 7 of 7 Posts