Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of brake fluiddo our cars need? i'm planning on getting 500ml size bottle of motul 600. thanks dude.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
You'll need more than that for a flush- that's only a little more than what the system holds. With 1L and some care you should be able to flush it, I'd suggest 1.5 or 2L for a good flush and then a little extra on the shelf.

I'd also suggest Valvoline Synthetic, it's cheap and good for the same job, maybe not for road racing but certainly any auto-x or track event.

I'm starting to think I'm named "71DSP."

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
of brake fluiddo our cars need? i'm planning on getting 500ml size bottle of motul 600. thanks dude.

d

</font>

Buy at least 4, 5 would be better. I wouldn't worry about having some left over. Better to have some left over to do more bleeding that not to have enough.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, sounds like a six pack then
thanks to both dsp's haha!

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:

I'd also suggest Valvoline Synthetic, it's cheap and good for the same job, maybe not for road racing but certainly any auto-x or track event.

</font>
Would that be DOT 4 fluid? Honda fluid is DOT 3, correct?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
Would that be DOT 4 fluid? Honda fluid is DOT 3, correct?</font>
Dot 3/4. I'm not sure what the differences are, but they aren't DOT 5 which you shoudl stay away from. I know 3/4 are compatible and all you need to do is flush like you regularly would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts