• Inspect air filter condition
• Inspect belts and hoses
• Inspect windshield wiper condition and operation
• Change transmission fluid
• Inspect all lights
• Adjust valve clearance
• Replace gaskets as necessary
• Rotate and balance tires
• Inspect brake condition (front & rear)
• Adjust rear brakes (if applicable)
• Inspect parking brake condition
• Inspect brake lines
• Replace brake fluid (vehicles equipped with ABS additional)
• Inspect suspension and undercarriage
• Inspect steering linkage and power steering system
• Inspect tires and set pressures to specifications
• Replace spark plugs, fuel filter (cap and rotor if applicable)
• Check compression
• Inspect all fuel lines (replace fuel filter if applicable)
• Adjust clutch (if applicable) check operation
• Road test vehicle for proper operation

Please let me know if I have left anything out. Also does someone have a link to the tranny cooler install guide WITH PICS b/c I will be doing it this weekend and need to see where to mount it etc ... for anyone who has done this is 3 qt enough tranny fluid for the oil change or do I need more? As for compression I will be using basic testing tool from Autozone.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I hit 60k they did all of the above in addition to changing the timing belt, and while they were at it changed the water pump and starter as a precautionary measure.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
looks good to me

youre going to do all that yourself????

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
The only thing you need to do is change oil, oil filter, gas filter, cap and rotor and adjust valves. All that other stuff is done during an inspection. Did honda tell you to do that?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is a semi-complete list of what they *claim* to do and they charge anywhere from 350-500 depending on your local dealer - I really don't have that kinda money for just an inspection so I'd rather blow it on something like a VAFC or cams - most of thsi stuff isn't very hard to do just I never done a compression check before

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
I went to honda and they gave me a list of waht to do when you hit certain miles and waht you ahev is the same on the list they gave me. I took it to my friends dad who is a mechanic and he said taht everything on the list is basically and inspection. So I would recommend not doing any of that until you need an inspection. He told me that I should replace gas/fuel filter, oil/oil filter, cap and rotor and new spark plugs. Honda will do those for 270. So basically, don't have honda do a 60k tune up cause that is not waht it is. Do those thigns and you can also get valves adjusted and maybe a compression check but it is not neccessary. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts