Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it therotically possible to install a 6 speed, or any other tranny other than the ss, and honda 5 speed into the prelude. Im not going to do it I just want to know if it is "possible". Mind you I dont really know alot about trannys and engines.

kind of a dumb quesiton but Im just wondering.

·
400whp club reject
2,411 Posts
I'd just like to bring up an interesting point, the Apexi drag integra uses a tt h22 which does spin the other way. I don't know what is all involved but it has happened

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
PreludePowerR said:
no how can a v6 tranny suddenly be able to bolt onto a 4 cylinder engine
The transmission doesn't know how many cylinders an engine has. IF the bell housing bolt pattern is the same, it'll bolt right up.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would be great

Hi,
I'm not mechanic. But if I m not mistaken the H22A modernised (updated) is linked with a 6 speed tranny in the US 2.2L S2000/

In that prospect would it be possible to imagine yhat it would fit? I know the place of the engine is different on an S2000 (transversal vs longitudinal position of the engine).

What do you think? Ij yes I want one! My prelude is 61.000 km (about 40.000 mils) will try to post some pics but already with winter tyres (got the civic type R Euro alloy wheels (black) 18".

I ve just acquired the type S Leather interior (from Keithau on ebay, was very Lucky). Love my car, have to finish painting of OEM motegi side and rear skirts. Nothing to qay but lovely car, just want the 6 spead to cruise at 200 km/h on German highways when I travel to Austria (from Luxembourg). Cruises with a BMW 330 D coupe, not the same fun really, f.. heavy German cars. Love the Lude. I do not understand why, this car is magic, it makes me feel another guy when in. Like it "tlks" to you.

A 6 speed gearbox would set the top speed to S2000 standards I guess. I d drive an S 2000 many times (exchange against BM for week ends on belgian coast) and I do feel that the H22A has more utility RPM "life". From 3.000 RPM until 7.800 you got boost, with S2000 you need to stay at least over 5.600 - 5.800 rpm to be ready to beat the TDI engines.

I d love really a 6 spead on my Lude, by the way, why is the name of the Lude tranny a "M6.." , did they planned to produce it with 6 spead and cancelled on last minute???

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Hi,
I'm not mechanic. But if I m not mistaken the H22A modernised (updated) is linked with a 6 speed tranny in the US 2.2L S2000/
In that prospect would it be possible to imagine yhat it would fit? I know the place of the engine is different on an S2000 (transversal vs longitudinal position of the engine).

What do you think? Ij yes I want one! My prelude is 61.000 km (about 40.000 mils) will try to post some pics but already with winter tyres (got the civic type R Euro alloy wheels (black) 18".

I ve just acquired the type S Leather interior (from Keithau on ebay, was very Lucky). Love my car, have to finish painting of OEM motegi side and rear skirts. Nothing to qay but lovely car, just want the 6 spead to cruise at 200 km/h on German highways when I travel to Austria (from Luxembourg). Cruises with a BMW 330 D coupe, not the same fun really, f.. heavy German cars. Love the Lude. I do not understand why, this car is magic, it makes me feel another guy when in. Like it "tlks" to you.

A 6 speed gearbox would set the top speed to S2000 standards I guess. I d drive an S 2000 many times (exchange against BM for week ends on belgian coast) and I do feel that the H22A has more utility RPM "life". From 3.000 RPM until 7.800 you got boost, with S2000 you need to stay at least over 5.600 - 5.800 rpm to be ready to beat the TDI engines.

I d love really a 6 spead on my Lude, by the way, why is the name of the Lude tranny a "M6.." , did they planned to produce it with 6 spead and cancelled on last minute???
s2k's have F20C and F22C, and the orientation is wrong (plus its RWD platform)

and ya, this thread is uhhh, acient?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts