Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were on the Highway and he started acting dumb speeding up and then slowing down. Then finally he downed it he gets about 2 car lengths before I down it after him I catch him and pass him no problem. Hes friends with my GF's neighbor he's got a stock sr20det with the exception of a front mount, equal length manifold and 3in. exhaust all the way back w/o muffler. Shouldn't they be faster than my 2001 Prelude with I/H/E, AEM tru power pullies, CF hood, AGX shocks with GC coilovers. Seems to me that the SR20DET is a waste of money if a internally stock 5th gen can take it.

·
i don't understand...
636 Posts
i thought sr20det had 220hp? someone ciorrect me on this?

·
449 Posts
yea i think the blacktop s13's have something like 208.

but fmic, exhaust, downpipe and ecu are supposed to up that number very significantly...

good kill!

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
I FIGURED they were no problem when they are pretty much stock.. :eek:

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
Like any stock turbo motor it produces a lot of torque and generally starts to lose a lot of efficiency towards the upper rpm ranges. The Lude really shines in those 3rd and 4th gear pulls since VTEC is all high rpm power. The other thing is you don't know how strong of a motor he has or how good his install was, but yeah I still think stock for stock an SR20DET isn't that much greater than an H22A.

·
i don't understand...
636 Posts
cause there was this 240 (which i thought stock with any available us motor) can only have 155 hp, and it kept up with me but i still killed it.

like it felt like that car had like 180 hp or something. cause with other ludes (200 hp) i walk them not quite as fast as i walked this guy.

this was a... maybe 93ish 240? so whatever that means in terms of s13 s15 iono those things

so i was thinking he had a sr20

1 - 7 of 7 Posts