Honda Prelude Online banner

5th gen tail lights and cluster

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BB69 
#1 ·
Ok so I go to leave work and my cluster and rear taillights aren’t working, number 10 fuse blew out so I get home replace it with a spare I had and it blew as soon as I turned the headlight switch anyone know what’s going on?

#2 · (Edited)
One of my headlights blew out and tail lights were acting like I didn’t have a light bulb so it hyperflashed and blinkers wouldn’t work at sometimes.working I believe because I had added a higher wattage rating than the one that blew out along w my high beams. Had battery acid everywhere;smelled like sulfur.. anyway -
Check to see if your battery is leaking or hot when you’ve been running the car for 5 minutes. For me this was due to the faulty voltage regulator/alternator which should hold the battery at 14 ish volts. which is inside the alternator simultaneously turning AC/DC an’ charging the battery.( but it overcharged mines and it was a brand new yello top Optima wahh). If it’s blowing fuses you must have a bigger amperage alt. or likely bad ground. I’d check the thermostat housing there’s two wires grounding on there for the ecu and interior car parts also by the passengers feet and drivers. Starter ground too..
You got this!
The manual should have an image of the fuse number and wire route you could trace w a highlighter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.