5 1/4
6 1/2
almost any will fit with slight modifications
but i dont think polk momo's will fit into anything

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ack, careful

I have bought Cerwin Vega 5 1/4s and they don't fit. I also have bought others. It is actually kind of difficult to get speakers to fit in the front.

Try the MB Quart Discus line: DSD 216s
http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/p...uto&series=discus series&strt=1&model=DSD+216
I believe they fit without modification, but, they may require you to cut out the basket that is inside the door - that way the magnet can fit.

MB Quart makes very nice speakers, check them out.

If you do a search you should be able to find more information.

-- R.J.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i bought the car and the guy before me put 6.5 sony xplod's in the front. i do not know if there were any modifications though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
RJs99TypeSH,
on the 5 1/4's that didn't fit, did you cut out the basket and it still didn't fit? also, would a .5" or so spacer have allowed it to fit?

I'm looking at getting a set of 5 1/4's (alpine spx-137a) but i really want to make sure it fits since i have to order it online and i don't know how easy it would be to return them if it doesn't fit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a set of Rockford FNP1614F 6" seperates from my old car. When I took the stock speakers out, I found that the FNPs would not fit into the stock basket unless I cut maybe 1/2" out of the circumference of the basket. These things have a large lip on them, and I don't feel like making modifications like that.

RJs99TypeSH, why did the CVs not fit? Depth?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry I was so late on the response.

Cerwin Vega's did not fit because of depth; they are non-stealth models from about 3 years ago, and the magnets have a plastic casing on them that must be 1 1/4" thick... I DID cut the basket, but, that did me no good, as it still hit the door assembly behind that... I didn't try spacers because 1.) It looked like too much, and 2.) I want 6 1/2" components anyway ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts