Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i picked up this 94 h22 5spd prelude that is really clean....

okay so here is the problem, the clutch is slipping. i already picked up a new ACT stage 2 street clutch And a fidanza 8lbs fly wheels.

But the car doesnt want to go into gear when the car is running. It doesnt grind or anything just doesnt want to go in..... but once the car warms up to normal running temperature it will go in with a little force.

It will go into gear fine when the car is off, start it up and it is in gear fine....

Why is this? can any one help? is it because the clutch is slipping? or is the tranny ****ed? please i need help asap

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Check the clutch hydraulic system for any leaks / low fluid.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
if not that maybe taking the case off the tranny and see if the synchronize gears are ok. oh, why a stage 2 clutch on a stock car? =/

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
if not that maybe taking the case off the tranny and see if the synchronize gears are ok. oh, why a stage 2 clutch on a stock car? =/
Since it won't go into gear when the car is stationary, that points to a clutch issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the clutch hydraulic system for any leaks / low fluid.
im going out there to check that now

the cars not gonna be stock, i have ordered a list of parts just waiting on them to come in. im praying its not the syncros

Since it won't go into gear when the car is stationary, that points to a clutch issue
Thats what i was thinking, but once the cat heats up to running temp it will go in with a little force. but with the force there is no grinding....

i think you need to re-adjust your clutch..
how do i reajust the clutch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts