Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
ANOTHER turbolude bites the dust. This is like the 20th car to confirm that Ludes just aren't meant to be boosted daily drivers unless you've got sponsors.

I'm REALLY sorry to hear this bad news, bro...

J

·
Registered
298 Posts
damn...

this is the kinda thing that scares me away from FI.

Sorry to hear about it, but what conditions was it under? Boosted pretty high? Over revved?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I ran my JRSC Prelude for a year and not one single problem. My compression stayed the same every time I checked. He said he had Arias pistons, so that means he was at least semi built. Prelude's are great on FI, as long as you keep the boost in check and have proper fuel delivery/timing management.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
full built bottom end, not one more thing i can do, unfortunately detonation is a horrible thing,but i have everything to get is running again, and once i get it running its going straight to get hondata, then it will be a lude meant to run on boost

·
Registered
298 Posts
Another thing that steers me away from FI is the prohibitive costs of maintaining it to prevent blowin tha engine...

Im jus a po student at tha moment :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not really prohibitive costs, its building it right the first time, which alot of us dont have unlimited funds (me), so we try to make it work ok until we got enough money for the good stuff.
only thing different about going FI is you gotta make sure the coolant is good and do more fequent oil changes

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Ouch. How long until you plan to have that back on the road and how much boost were you running?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hondata (Tuned) and J&S Sensor and you will have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there will be when i get the hondata on in the next couple of weeks, i am ordering the hondata and my injectors on monday

1 - 16 of 16 Posts