Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much risk of detonation with a stock engine set-up (with a ZEX nitrous kit and ZEX plugs)...since there really isn't an easy way to retard the timing (right)?

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH (stock)
-15.4 @ 90.8 (finally! ;))

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
from what ive seen and know, i seriously feel 55 is VERY safe if u have plugs. i know so many people running low shots like 50-60 with basic stock internals with no problems. especially with a dry kit.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA
 
G

·
Don't use ZEX Plugs, they are worse than the everyday plugs you can buy at Wal-Mart for your car. Get one step colder NGK or Denso plugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Don't use ZEX Plugs, they are worse than the everyday plugs you can buy at Wal-Mart for your car. Get one step colder NGK or Denso plugs.</font>
whoa!!!! why arent the zex plugs any good? are their claims that its ideal for F/I of all kinds false? im running with zex plugs right now. i thought they r colder than stock!? let me know asap!

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 30, 2001).]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
My friend with a revhard kit on a civic si is running 245 hp to the wheels and demands the zex plugs over anything... his air/fuel was fine on the dyno too. Out of curiosity, why do you think these plugs are bad?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
If anyone remembers an article in SCC, there was a 97 or 98 5th Gen SS that ran with 100 shots. he eventually blew his transmision, but he still runs that with a Mugen SH ECU. I heard that stock H22A4 engines can handle 100 shots. BTW, with 100 shots, you can look to run high 13's with street tires.

------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
my good friend runs a zex 55 shot and hes running 13.8's with I/H/E/Pullies. Besides the massive amount of wheel spin he could do better. Stick with the Zex plugs...I've only heard perfect things from people who are running F/I BESIDES n20 and they swear by them.

peace
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
whoa!!!! why arent the zex plugs any good? are their claims that its ideal for F/I of all kinds false? im running with zex plugs right now. i thought they r colder than stock!? let me know asap!

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 30, 2001).]
</font>
NG, I have heard at least 5 accounts of ZEX plugs where the lining inside of the plug actually dropped into the engine.. well, guess what happened next?

------------------
Malken00 - 2534
[email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by trehlo:
People with nice cars need their own state.</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H22A VTEC:
If anyone remembers an article in SCC, there was a 97 or 98 5th Gen SS that ran with 100 shots. he eventually blew his transmision, but he still runs that with a Mugen SH ECU. I heard that stock H22A4 engines can handle 100 shots. BTW, with 100 shots, you can look to run high 13's with street tires.

</font>
i remember it , it was a green lude and with the SS tranny and he pulled a 13.5 on the track with the the SS tranny. i found the magz. and he had AEM camgears, weapon R intake , DC sports headers, tanabe exhaust, and 100- shot dry systam. no internal mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
NG, I have heard at least 5 accounts of ZEX plugs where the lining inside of the plug actually dropped into the engine.. well, guess what happened next?

</font>
ur kidding me... but do u know any other good sources that say this is frequent? i always thought the zex plugs where great for F/I and over all well made
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top