Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My name is John.
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firts off, hi! As most of you know, I no longer have a prelude, but instead a 2004 Toyota Solara V6 auto. Great car, but boring as hell.

The car comes equipped with halogen h11 projectors that have a very nice cutoff line. I figured I'd try some cheapo HID kit on ebay. Got one for liek $80 shipped and was happy. Evetually, since the kit sucked, the bulbs began to fade. Instead of just replacing bulbs, I bought a new kit. his time, a 50watt kit. I will never buy another 35w kit again.

I bought an APEXCONE 55Watt HID kit from http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=35_36&products_id=336.

35watt kit on the left, 50watt kit on the right.

·
My name is John.
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Both 50watt kit now. Crazy bright. The glare is rather significant in these halogen's, so I am going to install my blackhoused headlights with bent projector tabs, to se how much glare they remove. (I did that mod the first time for the stock halogen bulbs, so it might be different) But the cutoff line is there and is still very sweet.

best thing about these oem projectors, they still somehow give a blue look? Even though its a 4500k kit. But looking at these from about 100 ft back on a slight incline, I see a very dark blue, much like the TSX projectors. Its odd. I really don't know enough about HID's to understand why though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts