Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just pondering, is it possible to swap in the 4ws feature from a U.S. 4th gen into a 5th gen. This modification combined with a quaife LSD, and Tein HA's would be an incredible track setup, no? I know it would probably cost an arm and a leg, but I was just thinking about this while studying for finals.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paelude_again:
I was just pondering, is it possible to swap in the 4ws feature from a U.S. 4th gen into a 5th gen. This modification combined with a quaife LSD, and Tein HA's would be an incredible track setup, no? I know it would probably cost an arm and a leg, but I was just thinking about this while studying for finals.</font>
Arm and a leg? That would cost a arm and a testicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it might be easier to find the 4ws for the 5th gen. it's still around in japan, but i'm not sure how popular it is. then you'd have to get either a 4th gen 4ws ecu (but it wouldn't have vtec), or get a japan one that has both (and was available for the 5th gen).

------------------
Hmmm, I need Vtec already...

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Do a search of the archives. This has been discussed at length. You're going to have an easier (and cheaper) time swapping it in from a 4th gen if you live in the US. Roughly $3k cost used, $5k-$7k new.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I know of One 4th Gen VTEC 4WS Prelude with a set of Tein HA on it. It's in Toronto ..

------------------
Grant
95 Black SR

Chairperson, Toronto Prelude Club

check us out....
www.hondaprelude.to

[This message has been edited by Grant from Toronto (edited May 01, 2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts