Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 vtec, he had a 5th gen base 5 spd

this was in riverside, ca on university ave heading towards the 91.

he had 2 passengers, i had 1 + my box for my sound system... so he weighed more.

i dont' know his mods, but he had an injen license plate frame, so i'm guessing he had some sort of injen intake.

my engine mods: aem pullies, injen RD CAI, hondata IM gasket, JDM h22

i was driving normally until i passed him... he later did a fly by... i instantly downshifted to 3rd and went right passed him. it was nice to put the recently installed h22 to test.

there was some street traffic so we really couldn't go all out.

boring, i know, but this forum is dead!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I only wish some time I could find a 5'th gen on the open road. Good kill though, way to represent the best looking preludes out there :)

·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice to see some proud 4th genners... i do agree, 4th gens are the best looking ludes compared to all others... stock for stock.

·
I am now a 5spd lude!
474 Posts
Hey, Hey, Hey......I think 5th gens are sexier......I wish I could find a 4th geb on the open road to take on....but I wish I had a JDM H22 to put in instead of this USDM H22.....

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
95_5speed said:
I only wish some time I could find a 5'th gen on the open road. Good kill though, way to represent the best looking preludes out there :)

:) Come find me.. :p It'll be fun.. And you'll be surprised... :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey haha what town are you from? (btw, i have an H23, I just want to see how much faster the new VTEC is compared to my engine, I know im gonna lose but by how much?)

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
I live in Rahway.. but i am all over jersey usually.. from here to jackson... even to burgen county sometimes.. :)

·
I am now a 5spd lude!
474 Posts
Tehn after your down with Keith...you can come up to the Irvington, Newark, Orange area to take on me.....u'll be in for another surprise....(after my car gets out of the shop)

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
^^His SHOULD be faster than mine! :p

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I'm not writing about a showdown, but a surprise.

I was coming home from an appt. in Manhattan, took the FDR/Harlem River Dr. to lower level of Geo. Washington Bridge and onto Palisades Pkwy. North. I was just cruising along with traffic (that was actually moving!), and I noticed an orange Lotus Elise behind me, sometimes in the left lane shadowing me- car never passed me at all, but had plenty of chances to, so I wondered why.

I was on some of the entry ramps leading from the bridge to Palisades and was running pretty good, hugging the curves. The Elise was playing along, staying behind. When I gunned it, they played along and caught up but at least they didn't ride my butt.

I pulled off at one of the "lookouts" along the road, and guess who puts their signal and pulls in next to me? I was so surprised, bcause I'm not driving anything exotic, but I have a lot of people ask me about my car, and they are surprised it's a Honda when I tell them.
Same with this guy. He thought it looked like a more expensive car than anything Honda sold, and when I told him it was a 92 he was shocked. The look on his face said it all. :smoker:

He showed me his ride, and he was really cool about it, and he said he felt dumb for tracking down someone with a car that isn't rare, but you don't see that many around.
He told me he was also really impressed how it handled the ramps since he felt he was pushing as hard as he dared, and I was easing away. I don't abuse my car at all, but I like to play when it's safe and on the ramps or curvy roads I know well.

Just thought I'd share that interesting encounter with the gang... :rockon:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts