1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my mechanic stop the rattling in my trunk, and here is what he did

1) Take off license plate
2) Take off license plate filler
3) Surround the mounting holes and all the edges of the license plate filler with 3M strip caulk
4) Bolt license plate filler back on
5) Bolt license plate back on

It is a very simple process, but I never really thought of it. Anyway, you dont need to dynomat your deck lid to keep it from rattling, although Dynomat and Dynomat spray do help the vehicle sound better.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
I did something similar to that it just involved using foam peices. Which seemed to have stopped the rattling. But for some reason I've developed rattling on bottom of the car on both sides of the rear bumper.

·
Registered
927 Posts
spin_r_g said:
I did something similar to that it just involved using foam peices. Which seemed to have stopped the rattling. But for some reason I've developed rattling on bottom of the car on both sides of the rear bumper.
those are the vents in your trunk... you can see them if you take the side markers off the back bumper

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe, I dont have rattling on both sides of my trunk cause I filled in those stupid rear bumper side markers with fiberglass

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
no, its not the sidemarkers that rattle. there are empty boxes with a flap that opens outward in the bumper that are somehow connected to the cabin. They are meant to relieve pressure or something whenever you close a door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts