Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if im just sitting in nuetral and slam on the gas, it takes forever to rev up. i thought maybe it was a bad fuel filter so i replaced it and that wasnt the problem
some one suggested maybe ignition timing???
i would just like a few suggestions before i take it to get diagnosed at honda on monday

thanks
tim

------------------
86 Honda Accord LXi (sold)
94 Honda Prelude Vtec
Sony CDX-M650
4 6.5 Xplod Speakers
Xplod 100x2 amp
1 12 Xplod ES
Viper 300+
Clear Corners
Clear Signals
Clear Sides
Aerospeed Bomb Custom Catback
Cheap Custom Intake
16 in. Primax 104 w/
205/45/16 Toyo Proxes
http://hometown.aol.com/hondapreludevt94/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it doesnt seem to have full power though either, and during acceleration, it bounces sometimes like its cutting out then pickin up again

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Sounds like maybe your plugs are fouled.

Especially if its more noticable while above VTEC cross over.

Thats what mine did a couple weeks back before I changed them.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
If you haven't done it in a while you might want to go ahead and change you wires, cap and button as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im pretty sure it doesnt have anything to do with the plugs, wires or cap and rotor. i had all those replaced this winter when i had my head rebuilt.

another thing ive noticed is that it gets prgressively worse as the cars warms up

i dont know though

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Well,

I thought that when I found out my plugs were bad in 6K miles. Can't hurt to check.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Dude, I got this same exact problem. It annoys the hell out of me!! Yes, it does get worst when it's warmer. I've tried replacing the plugs, didn't work. Took off the EGR (I was tripping a code), still didn't do it. Replaced the fuel filter, didn't help ither.

Like you, I really doubt it's the spark. Sometimes it would drive fine then one stoplight later it would lag like crazy. Other times when I floor it, it would go, but the feel sluggish then pick up again. It's soo annoying. I lost to a 3rd gen lude with nearly 300k miles! I have wires on the way, hoping that they'll help a little. Sorry I'm not much help, but you're not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Didja check the fule pump by any chance? I dunno, just tossing out some ideas here.

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by axemansean:
People beauty is just a light switch away.
</font>

·
Registered
79 Posts
people get your valves adjusted !
my 93 vtec did the same thing between 3k-4k rpm. it turns out that the valve clearance were off..
note: on 93 vtec, the sticker under the hood
that has the valve clearance data is incorrect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts