Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Two airbags and it does have ABS.

Had a 93 Si before this one.

------------------
94 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!!

DCLude- how come u only have 1? Pre-93'?

1 more thing. Is it true that the ECU has to be replaced after an airbag pops out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
pre 94, the si's only had one airbag

after 94, all ludes came w/ two.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Mark94:
Two airbags and it does have ABS.

Had a 93 Si before this one.

pre 94, the si's only had one airbag

I have a '93 prelude and they have only one driver side steering airbag.


OK now I'm confused!

So Which is the FINAL ANSWER?????


Anyone have a brochure from back then to look at? Thanks Again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
I have a '93 prelude and they have only one driver side steering airbag.

Also they have ABS.

Sorry to re-state it agian.

------------------
'93 Black Si Lude (h23 power'd)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Hey, I have a 93 SR4ws, and it has a driver and passenger airbag, plus abs

------------------
93 White Prelude SR4WS auto with Pilot exhaust and AEM cai
ViEtPrYdE!!! although my friends still call me a banana!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,229 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Phuong47:
Hey, I have a 93 SR4ws, and it has a driver and passenger airbag, plus abs

</font>
Oh ****...your name is Phuong? That's my girlfriend's name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Dude, I'm like the only guy that I know of has Phuong as a name!!! Why couldn't my parents name me Tai or Tri or something?!?!?!

------------------
93 White Prelude SR4WS auto with Pilot exhaust and AEM cai
ViEtPrYdE!!! although my friends still call me a banana!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Don't know what to tell you guys, my 93 Si (auto) had a drivers and passenger airbag.

I'll look for pics tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Check out this guys setup, he has a 93 Si and he has the passenger side airbag.

http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=15&gen=4&orderby=

Looking at his setup, I noticed that his car is a 93 Si 4WS, which is what my previous prelude was. Maybe the passenger airbab only came through on the 4WS model or was at least an option on them.

------------------
94 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark94:
Check out this guys setup, he has a 93 Si and he has the passenger side airbag.

http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=15&gen=4&orderby=

Looking at his setup, I noticed that his car is a 93 Si 4WS, which is what my previous prelude was. Maybe the passenger airbab only came through on the 4WS model or was at least an option on them.

</font>
OK..LET'S CLEAR THIS UP ONCE AND FOR ALL.

93-
s-came with one airbag, no abs
si-came with one airbag, abs
4ws-came with two bags, abs
vtec-same as 4ws

i read the honda brochure like 10000x back in 92' when the lude came out so i'm 100% positive on this.



------------------
kimchi cures cancer
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top