Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member, not much into posting and showing off but my dear friends say I have much love for Honda and must share, again not a self pro-claimed tuner or builder or anything. I just lay low.

A friend of mine has a shop, his family member wanted to boost a stock H22 in a 4th gen, I don't have time for that, tranny is going to blow, pistons will break, can't handle boost, etc... Later that night I was on youtube watching boostedboiz and came to this idea of the Kswap on the prelude. Met with my friend later that week. Kswap is going to happen now. Ordered a JDM K24A1 and started the build. My friend has some 'not so deep' pockets for this build which makes this easy for me to get done. Anyone know of any threads on a 4th gen kswap?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took out the H22, engine was running fine but the transmission was blown, we can put shafts and select your shafts eventually led to transmission failure in this generation. Some can attain this to poor maintenance and can chalk it up to poor torque handling.

I come from a Volkswagen world where the input shafts are hollow and the clutch push rod is within the input shaft which led to massive failures with increased torque due to cams forced induction.

And these pictures of chopped off the passenger side engine mount stripped the engine bay and taking out the H22 clunker set up, the cave motor is already delivered and ready for prep and install. Hasport mounts are here and the Hasport bbk1 driveshafts are here as well.

I have a full tank of argon and several tungsten filaments, it's time to get cooking...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We needed a donor K24 out of a CRV to get a few things:
-Factory engine harness
-Engine-transmission mounting hardware
-Shifter box cables and Hardware
-Various engine sensors
-Right engine mount & bolts for hasport kit

How to grind off the passenger mount and get it ready for welding...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, welcome to my world. Wife and I have a K24A swapped 1993 Honda Prelude. Still in progress.
As winter approaches we need a different strategy, I'm pushing the vehicle in and out of the shop, not a big deal atm.

My goal is to have it move under its own power before the snow hits...

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Included in the blog post I linked are all the parts we have gone with including supporting mods.
I have not yet put together a full build list. It's a bit messy spread across multiple posts at the moment.

Let me know if you have any questions about particular parts, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts