Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a driver's side fender. My little dent can probably be fixed, but i really doubt it'll come out perfect since the damage is kinda awkward... plus I can just get the fender painted and install it some other day on my car and I won't have any downtime with my car as opposed to leaving my car at a shop for a day or two to fix the damage.

I found a site that sells the fenders for $130 a piece. These are replacements right? not OEM?

How is the fitment on replacement fenders?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$214 from them, $285 list...

imma see if my friend can get me one from the local dealer for cheap since his mom gets discounts for being an employee... but I don't know if it will beat the $129 + $40 shipping from the other site.

no word on the quality of other fenders? mainly just fitment

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
If it is a decently sized aftermarket company that makes the fender I would say go with that. Once you get paint on it you won't notice the difference, except in your wallet.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
true...

here's the damage... its an old pic

the fender is kinda rolled in above the wheel well starting about about the midpoint of the rim. i just don't think it will come out like new. plus i had two small dents on the top portion of the fender near the hoodline. might as well change it huh?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
look at the mud guard thing. thats where the real damage is.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I was talking to a guy at a bodyshop when I was getting estimates and he said that replacements fit fine except near the lights. That seems to be the only place where they have issues.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorta like replacement bumpers right? some don't line up properly near the headlights. hmm

my friend might have spare fenders if he buys Z3 fenders. i hate dealing with cosmetic damage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts