Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What I would like to know is what is the difference in the clutch parts between 4th and 5th gen?

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased an Exedy OE clutch kit from Tegiwa Imports for £140 and I received it the following day. It hasn't been fitted yet because I'm waiting for a Fidanza Flywheel which is due to arrive from the USA today.

Since purchasing the clutch kit, I have discovered that the part numbers are incorrect (according to the Exedy UK web site). They have sent me HCD015U (clutch disk), HCC908 (clutch cover) and a Nachi bearing. According to the Exedy UK web site, those parts are for the 1991-1996 BB1 Honda Prelude (4th generation), whereas I own a 2000 BB8 Honda Prelude (5th generation UK spec). The site says I need HCD303 (clutch disk) and HCC706 (clutch cover). The correct Honda part numbers are 22200-P5M-005 (clutch disk) and 22300-P5M-005 (clutch cover).

I have since learnt that 4th gen clutches and 5th gen clutches are interchangeable. What I would like to know is what is the actual difference in the clutch parts between 4th and 5th gen?

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
I am not sure but I always thought they were interchangeable as well.

Maybe the part numbers are just for generations and are no real difference ????

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, apparently they are interchangeable, but I reckon there has to be a difference 'cos both the Honda part numbers and Exedy part numbers are different between 4th and 5th gen Prelude clutches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts