Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poor Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many 4th gen's have carbonfiber hoods?

I'm contemplating purchasing a fiber images hood for my black 4th gen but have got varied responses from my friends on how good it looks. They say that the two shades of black don't complement each other.

What's everyone's opinion on cf hoods on black cars? or cf hoods in general?

pics might be nice if anyone has someone a black car!

later
slo mo

·
Registered
73 Posts
my brother has a carbon fiber hood on a black accord, and it had gotten anything but compliments by everyone who sees it... its beautiful, and if anybody says that a black cf hood on black paint wont match, slap them for me... btw, since when are cf hood supposed to match with the rest of the car?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a custom made red carbon fiber hood, at certain angles it all looks red, but at some angles it all looks carbon fiber, Ive had nothing but compliments, and my stock hood weighed 45 lbs and this one weighs 8.5

·
Registered
211 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slo mo:
I was just wondering how many 4th gen's have carbonfiber hoods?

I'm contemplating purchasing a fiber images hood for my black 4th gen but have got varied responses from my friends on how good it looks. They say that the two shades of black don't complement each other.

What's everyone's opinion on cf hoods on black cars? or cf hoods in general?

pics might be nice if anyone has someone a black car!

later
slo mo
</font>
Hey whats up...I have a FiberImages carbon fiber hood on my 4th Gen...it is really nice...great quality and construction...it is by far the best quality hood i've seen on the market...Go for FiberImages...You won't regret it.

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
211 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
i want to get a cf hood for my 4th gen, but i dont really think it looks good on silver</font>
It looks really good on Silver bro...That is how my car was for awhile...FiberImages carbon fiber hood on a Silver 4th Gen...looks really agressive and sleek...go for it...

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 935DragLude:
It looks really good on Silver bro...That is how my car was for awhile...FiberImages carbon fiber hood on a Silver 4th Gen...looks really agressive and sleek...go for it...

</font>

do you have a pic of it when it was like that by chance? i dunno i just didn't think it would look right...i love them on dark color cars, for some reason not a big fan of them on white though

are you in 935? if so, is your car the silver 4th gen that had stock tails and the gs300 lights molded in the rear? if so, that was my wallpaper for a while

·
Poor Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the opinions guys, i really appreciate them. The more that i think about it, the more i want a carbon fiber hood.

I have one big question, how durable is carbon fiber in extreme conditions. I live in Canada and it gets really, really cold here (-35 degrees celcius). Can carbon fiber stand up to this extreme temperature or will it warp or crack.

thanks again for everyone's opinions
slo mo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts