Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember which years the recall was for. Was it just for the vtec 4Gens? My gf is interested in getting a 4G, thanks in advance

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
if i remember correctly...it affects all years. But only some cars...not all. Mine is a 93 but it wasnt recalled. And some 93 are. You have to check with the dealer...they look up the VIN number. I had mine checked and it was fine..no recalls.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yeah, call your dealer. I have a 1994 Si, and it was recalled. Mine exploded on the road. The service lady told me only a few years were recalled but more may be added. Just have your girlfriend get it checked out when she gets it.

Hope I helped.
JP

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ya just check the VIN before she gets it, you don't want her to it blow up on her.

------------------
97 5spd Base
Altezza 3Gen Taillights
Ractive Intake
Apex'i N1 exhaust

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, well, if and when she gets one we'll check the VIN. I think she should get a 5Gen personally, then I can swipe her car

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
Thanks guys, well, if and when she gets one we'll check the VIN. I think she should get a 5Gen personally, then I can swipe her car

</font>
yea, sway her to a 5th gen. see how pretty your sig looks?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I changed my oil about 5,000 miles ago, and the when I checked it before I did my new oil change, the dip stick came up dry!!! Right now I am checking it everyday heh. Running out of oil is never good, but my quesition is, could that be the part that is on recall from honda
??? thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
lude brotha: i dont think the recall is your problem. because if your oil seal went out..you will definitely know...oil would be everywhere!! I think your car may be burning oil. do you have smoke coming out of your exhaust? If so..what color? But go ahead and check your VIN to see if the recall affects you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
is there any place besides the dealer that would know which VIN's are affect'd?

cause my dealer is notoriously full of sh*t.

·
Registered
164 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by H23Lude:
lude brotha: i dont think the recall is your problem. because if your oil seal went out..you will definitely know...oil would be everywhere!! I think your car may be burning oil. do you have smoke coming out of your exhaust? If so..what color? But go ahead and check your VIN to see if the recall affects you.</font>
Is that normal for the oil to burnt off at 5,000 miles??? If ive been racing around.. heh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts