Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might have bent conrtol arms, at least from what people are telling me... what is the cost of replacing control arms.. front and back?? parts and labor?? how hard is it to to ones control arms??? help me.. man whover thought that buying rims would open up such a pandoras box??

ANdres
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
Check parts.com or hparts.com. They aren't bad to do yourself. The bushings are a common point of failure- you can't buy stock ones, though, and wouldn't recommend urethane.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,404 Posts
I'm looking into doing the same thing, except one of my bolts is frozen. Honda told me 330 plus 90 for an alignment. This is for one drivers side rear. I don't know if they are adding the price of cutting the control arm.

How hard would it be to cut a control arm?

JP
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpprelude:
I'm looking into doing the same thing, except one of my bolts is frozen. Honda told me 330 plus 90 for an alignment. This is for one drivers side rear. I don't know if they are adding the price of cutting the control arm.

How hard would it be to cut a control arm?

JP
</font>
REAL F'ING HARD. I don't know what they are made out of, but it's HARD. I wouldn't recommend it. What's the problem? Even if the bolt's frozen, you should still be able to twist the head off. I also can't imagine it being so frozen you can't get it off in the first place.

Is this a dealer trying to get it off? Or you? A big cheater goes a long way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,404 Posts
Thanks and Good Point. It is the local Honda Service center that told me. I haven't been able to look at it, but will in the next couple of days.

THey were originally going to just get a new bolt and put it in there, but then called me and said it was completely stuck.

Thanks
JP
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpprelude:
- snip -
THey were originally going to just get a new bolt and put it in there, but then called me and said it was completely stuck.

Thanks
JP
</font>
Then they are ripping you off. Any shop that can't remove a stuck bolt shouldn't be in business. Go back and tell them to stop f'ing with and either fix it or give it back, along with a refund or no charge for being morons and not actually doing any work.

Shops like this piss me off. There's just no excuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,404 Posts
Thanks again man. That is the basic consensus I've come to. I thought that since it was HOnda they wouldn't do that.

Is there any chance that they could have made it worse?

JP
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpprelude:
Thanks again man. That is the basic consensus I've come to. I thought that since it was HOnda they wouldn't do that.

Is there any chance that they could have made it worse?

JP
</font>
Doubtful. They honeslty probably didn't do anything, or put a wrench on it and couldn't get it off. All they could do to make it worse would be sabotage.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top