Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
First a 450 Hp front wheel drive cannot be driven on the street. Second, you'll defiately need some type of engine MGMT, definately not a VAFC, try speedpro

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
First a 450 Hp front wheel drive cannot be driven on the street. </font>
lol, ok buddy
ill come out to pa and give u a ride when im done

yea i know i need management system now, i was originally trying to be unique by going arpund it (haha) but i researched more

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Matt,

Your inquiry regarding extra injectors brings me up to this, I try to stay away from it. It is not going to be cost effective, and you're better off with a standalone unit that can handle the bigger injectors and also you do have an option to use extra injectors if you please. I do not like the placement of an extra injector in the intake tract, the delivery is poor and often you can have a dangerous situation where the fuel puddles (especially due to the placement and angle of the throttle body, since most "5th injectors" are placed before it). One example I can think of is the FMAX system. There have been reports of poor fuel delivery and rich conditions. One customer even had fuel blowing out of the BOV (blow-off valve) whenever it would open up! The only type of additional injectors I would not mind would be an extra rail with four extra injectors placed a few inches behind the stock injectors, on each intake runners. However I think this is too much overkill (especially on a street car) and still alot of top flight racers get away with using very, very big injectors (in the neighborhood of 1000cc's each) and a nice fat rail (preferrably 1/2" bore).

The way how a rising rate regulator works is like this.... Say it's specified as 8:1, right? This means, for every one pound of boost , the regulator stays closed and adds 12 psi more fuel pressure. For example, if you have your typical DRAG GS-R boosting seven psi, you multiply 7 psi x 8. = 56 psi. Then you add this on top of the stock fuel pressure of say......55 psi under WOT (please don't flame me if this part is accurate, i'm just throwing out a number to help understand), so 55 psi of stock fuel pressure + 56 psi of added pressure made by the rising rate regulator = 101 psi. Yes I know these are high pressures and this type of fuel enrichment is old school compared to standalone systems, but it works in providing the fuel. This is one of the reasons why turbo kits have so much untapped potential by using a standalone system. You can run safer pressures (near to stock) and big injectors by fine tuning the fuel curve instead of raising the fuel-line pressure on those stock 240cc injectors like the GS-Rs has stock.

If I were you, I would check out the new DFI system that is coming out. I have been 'patiently' waiting for this piece to come out but for some reason it keeps on getting backed up. One of the cool things is it will come with a Honda harness and the Calmap software is awesome! No guesswork into creating a base program for the car to run for the first time. The Calmap software asks you several questions about your car and thus determines a nice fuel/ignition curve map for you that you can obviously fine-tune later on.

Hope this helps...

------------------
Chris
'96 GS-R
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanx for the info
it answered my main question of how do turbo systems srun high boodt with a risinf rate regulator. answer- they dont

ok now im looking into the management systems. i like haltech and dfi

who will get theirs first

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I orignially had the Haltech laying in my room for several months, waiting for the shop to help wire it in, in-line with the stock ecu so I could retain my creature comforts.
They were too busy so unfortunately it never happened. Thus I got a call from them saying they'll give me a good deal if i were to bring back the Haltech and be first on the list for DFI 7.0. But hey, before I turned it in I managed to copy the Haltech program
, so if you want to take a look let me know.

------------------
Chris
'96 GS-R
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I still say Hondata or Zdyne. You got all the programmability you need, and they'll setup a baseline program for you depending on yer order. They also sell RC 450cc injectors.

With that much boost yer definately gonna need the bigger injectors and fuel rail, but I dunno if the pump needs to be upgraded. I would be concerned more with how much fuel it can actually flow rather than the psi it can produce. With bigger injectors and the stock pump with proper management, you should be able to get pretty far. Of course, I dunno if you'll be able to get 450 whp on pump gas no matter what. Check out this dyno:

That's a JG Pro Series B18C w/ Arias pistons, Saenz rods, Pro Series GSR head, JG 296/300 cams, XS turbo charger, DFI fuel management with 750cc injectors. Oh, and it's running 24 psi on 118 octane race gas. Tuned for 92 octane and running 15 psi it makes 332 hp and 330 lb/ft at the wheels.

------------------
Mike Atlas
AIM: PuffMatic

Much respect to the original.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok to clarify again

i know how almost all this ish works
the thing i dont know everything about are management systems

im learning as we speak