Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 89 lude is back on the streets thanks to the great work done by driveshaftshop.com. hopefully we (me and Dailyinterlude) can get some videos made soon to post up on the board... I'd do it tommorow (sunday), but its mothersday and you know where I'll be!!! :argue: just kidding, my mom is the best, and yours is too so don't forget the cards!!!!
this means I need to get back to the dyno and find out just how much this thing can really make!!! (450+ whp on 93 octane?)
BTW -- for all of you with the H22 swap in the 3rd gen, I just used weaponR coilovers for the 5th gen and the work great!!! it really helped the front suspension handle the extra weight of the H22.

also, I went to the scales and weighted the car today!!! it was 2480 before the swap, and it was 2690 after the swap. these weights include me. that's 210 extra lbs for the H22, turbo, intercooler and piping,ect.

just some useless figures and facts that I've discovered, later...

·
Registered
245 Posts
ouch 210 lbs?? what do you think the turbo system alone weighs? have you done everything you can to dump weight out of the front? also with the coil overs..are you saying that is a derect bolt in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
consider that the car weighs 2780 stock, without the driver, I very excited about the weight.
the coil overs went in without any modifications.

BTW- I have a hugh traction problem, so low weight is not my focus right now. 1st and second are useless for acceleration, I can put it in third (with a passenger), hit the throttle at 80 mph, and lay double black marks all the way to 120 mph. the car is accelerating so fast most passengers are asking me to let off the gas (scarry fast). I've owned aPorsche 911, a supercharged 98 mustang cobra, driven a 2002 Z06 vette, ridden in a viper and this car can out accelerate them all. (I know it doesn't beat them in cornering, styling, ect.)

within 1 week me and Dailyinterlude are going to make a video to show you that I'm not making this stuff up!!! keep checking this site for a link to them soon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
sounds like it's time to regear the tranny :) would the coil overs be benifital to an 88 with stock engin? or would the springs be too tight for comfort?

·
Registered
115 Posts
So, have you hit the jizz-factor yet? lol.

Take care

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jizz factor ----achieved!

I don't recommend the 5th gem coilovers for the guys with stock engines... I don't know how it would ride because I don't have the stock engine and I don't want anyone mad at me. If you'r adventuring and want ot find out let the rest of us know, but with the H22 it made the car a whole lot safer at speed. if the weather permits, wer'e going to make the movies tommorw... later.:eek:

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
()Guys... What do rich boys do with their pretty toys at 10pm on a Thursday night at the mall?

I think they take them apart and play with them..

Heres a tech part too this post, so it is useful.....

Those are 5th gen coilovers running on his 3rd Gen... They are stronger and help stabalize his 3rd gen better.... Why would anyone want more strength you ask? Probably because you dont recognize this 31 yr old Kid... :hammer: Do you need a pic to see why the H22 swap w/turbo and every other goodie known to man all chromed out would need stronger springs and shocks in the front? Maybe that extra 200 lbs of engine... Who knows....

Keep in mind it was dark last night before we started anything... And his car is now flashy as it ever has been...

FLASHY HUH? Man, sleeper with a little more style to it now...

OH ya, the bumper stays on very well... Well, he could hit a deer and the thign wouldnt be coming off... Coolest little part of his car at least I thought.... Takes about 10 seconds to put it on or off and a just a flathead...

wtf.. why dont the pics post up when I IMG EM?

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Roar!
665 Posts
Daily Interlude said:

Here's a video of Kevins crazy night but not of the lude driving. Didn't have the time before the movie started...

Please right click and save as! Please remember that it's big...like 60mb!

http://d73434.u27.psoft.rentech.net/matrixreloaded.mpg
He has a highly tuned 400+ hp h22a yet he seems to enjoy
that unpainted urethrane bumper more than anything else.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Deepmist said:

He has a highly tuned 400+ hp h22a yet he seems to enjoy
that unpainted urethrane bumper more than anything else.
LOL :laugh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D -and think, I was competely sober!!! Just wait until I've had a half a beer and somebody is lurking around with a video camera!

BTW- somebody contact hollywood!!! I think I see a new career path in my future!

·
Registered
245 Posts
i wanna see some rubber laying smoke flying woman in a vett crying pics :)
ps if you somke your wheels send a pic to sport compact car or is it super street...oh well, one of them will be impresed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts