Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taken from integra forum, but I think it's open to anyone. 4/21, atomic performance in Fullerton

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
taken from integra forum, but I think it's open to anyone. 4/21, atomic performance in Fullerton</font>
oh damn! thats great! and i might actually be free then too! so $15-20 for how many runs? or is it per hour?

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
$15-$20???????????????? man that's CHEAP

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I like to rub my nipples while watching the shopping channel </font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
I think the cost is per run
</font>
awww what? then thats no good if im in need of a dyno tune...

but its a real good deal for the guys who just want to test out the gains for mods i guess.... =T

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
awww what? then thats no good if im in need of a dyno tune...

but its a real good deal for the guys who just want to test out the gains for mods i guess.... =T

</font>
dynospot racing charges 175 per hour w/ tech help. That would translate into just 9 runs. It doesn't take 9 runs to tune a vtec controller or gears. hehe

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
Hell...i can fork out 20 bucks to satisfy my curiousity!!

Let's make a socal lude meet outta it!
</font>
hey, i think that could be a good idea ODL. haha but we have tried to make a meet of everything and it never works out! haha

i just double checked the prices i asked around for for dynos that i did awhile ago and i am totally mistaken! the lowest i know of actually start at $100 1st hour and $50 after that. i thought it was $50 every hour, which is why i thought 15-20 bucks per run isnt that great if i can do an hour for $50.

but yea! this is excellent news!! i can finally dyno tune and know my ludes real potential! can we confirm this though? Jspec81, r u sure this deal is legit or just a rumor?

·
Registered
195 Posts
here dyno fee's run between 30-50 dollars an hour.

[This message has been edited by Luder-xhpx (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luder-xhpx:
here dyno fee's run between 30-50 dollars an hour.

[This message has been edited by Luder-xhpx (edited April 09, 2001).]
</font>
oh shut up, ur not helping us feel any better

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
810 Posts
Everybody hold off on the dynoing at atomic. I'll ask Jeff for a special discount price for h-a.net members for you guys. I'm going to see him this friday, so I'll let you know then.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LudesLudesLudes:
Everybody hold off on the dynoing at atomic. I'll ask Jeff for a special discount price for h-a.net members for you guys. I'm going to see him this friday, so I'll let you know then.</font>
thats totally awesome man! u go check if u can hook all of us up. i seriously think this can work out great. i mean how much better can it get?... to meet up with all our ludes and see all our similar and/or not so similar results all from the same types of cars!

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
810 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
thats totally awesome man! u go check if u can hook all of us up. i seriously think this can work out great. i mean how much better can it get?... to meet up with all our ludes and see all our similar and/or not so similar results all from the same types of cars!

</font>
How many of you so cal guys are interested in getting your cars dynoed? Please let me know, so I can give Jeff a rough estimate of the number of people. My car will dynoed by atomic once I get my cams. It'll undergo something like 20-30 dyno runs. So, it doesn't matter to me whether or not you guys want to do this. I'm just trying to save you guys some money, and so that you can get your car dyno tuned by a guy who knows what he's doing.

LLL

[This message has been edited by LudesLudesLudes (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i maybe want to do 3-4 dyno runs. whatever it takes for him to tune my VAFC. then i want to do 1 run with running my N20 to see exact power gains

------------------

PERFORMANCE MODS:
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U

·
Registered
810 Posts
You guys should just run as many runs as you want - baseline, tuning, or otherwise. My car is just going to get dynoed a lot because Jeff wants to test the JUN cams. He keeps records of all the cars, with or without mods, that he's ever tuned, so he has real-world results to go by. If you check out www.importreview.com then you'll see some of his many dyno charts.

I'm still waiting for my cams though. JUN USA has not announced an official release date that they have actually lived up to. As soon as Jeff gets them, I will have them installed. BTW, last time Jeff said he would do 3 dyno tuning sessions for $50 each. Don't call me on that, but I think that's what he said. I'm going to ask about it this friday. Jeff and Dr. Charles tune each car until they hit max power. It doesn't matter how many runs it takes. Jeff and Charles are real cool guys. I was totally surprised at how kind and patient they were with all my myriad questions.

You know, I'm asian, but I find that the most shady performance shop owners are other asian guys. Most of them are always trying to pull a fast one. Anyone else think this?

LLL

·
retired
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
I don't really want a tune session (since i have practically nothing to tune besides my lead foot), just 1 quick and easy dyno run will suffice
Just wanna do it outta curiosity if it's cheap.

</font>
me too

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey Guys!

This dyno run is being set up from Kinesis Racing, but we need to get a total head count! The price as posted on this topic is NOT set yet. Please post confirmation if you plan on showing and paying....if there is no confirmation on my end, you are not expected to be there, and will not get a dyno run.

http://www.kinesisracing.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000003.html

Please post your reply if you are confirmed you will be there.

Thanks!

------------------
Ryan L
Kinesis Racing
OC Drag Division
92 HB, Hybrid Lude
Driver/ Technician

[This message has been edited by psi420 (edited April 10, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts