Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I just got my 3rd gen prelude the 1988 2.0s it has a B20a3 Carb motor which is a turtle im wondering if i can direct swap a b20 from a crv into it or a b20a5 if its going to require fabrication for either of these engines is it better power wise to go with an h22a vtec sorry to be asking such rookie questions but im used to working on nissan 240sx's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nvm i got the JDM B20A from the 91 prelude (si states) swaped in fine no mods needed did need to do a litte work electronicly but not much nxt going for a turbo probably a turbonetics ball bearing t3/t4

·
pass my beer moon please
32 Posts
nvm i got the JDM B20A from the 91 prelude (si states) swaped in fine no mods needed did need to do a litte work electronicly but not much nxt going for a turbo probably a turbonetics ball bearing t3/t4
you made an excellent choice :bigthumb: When you're ready to turbo, hit me with your questions, I will be glad to help out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
definately h22 for the power gain. And sean, can u provide mor than just the mounts? u said on another thread 'u can buy the kit from me' so was wondering. i emailed u about it too (sorry it was so long) b4 reading that thread.

Baz

·
Registered
69 Posts
definately h22 for the power gain. And sean, can u provide mor than just the mounts? u said on another thread 'u can buy the kit from me' so was wondering. i emailed u about it too (sorry it was so long) b4 reading that thread.

Baz

Baz I sent you a reply to your email. I sell the kits, I am a dealer for this AZ Race.

Check your email I gave you all the details.

Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok.. b20a5 or jdm b20a??
I've seen post from board to board on these motors. some say there's a hp gain, while others say same motor.
what's the truth?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks sean. reply sent. And I duno how hard it is to get hold of in the states, but if u wana stick to a B20, look up the B20A7. Its the EDM engine for the 3rd gen and its 150hp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Duno much about exporting engines, but i got a spare one if u kno a thing or two about importing from uk. Long shot, but hey, u asked :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts