Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had, what I thought was a minor accident, last weekend. I was cut off on I-81 near Carlisle and slide sideways about 80 feet through the median. Judging from the looks of my car all I thought I would need was a new rear control arm, 2 new tires, and new front bumper turn signal, and a good cleaning.
Well the car was sent to the shop for an estimate and it turns out I did almost $3k worth of damage. They are replacing stuff I didn't even know was on my car, replacing 3 wheels(which I still don't understand), and repainting half the car. After some thought I decided to go ahead and get the whole thing repainted a new color and have them paint and install my bodykit. They are only charging me about $900 extra to repaint the car and bodykit a different color. All in all I'm happy that I'm getting the car repainted the color I want and my bodykit put on but its gonna be in the shop for a month!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
sorry to hear that, i've learned my lesson if someone is going to cut me off and i can't get out of the way, then they better smack into me cuz i'm not losing the money again

what color are you getting it painted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sorry to hear that man. Me too, but what sucks in my case is my friend helped me wreck my car. I have a 2001 Electron Blue Type SH, and he tought that the SH can handle a turn about 95 and slammed the s*** out of my car, it hit a curb and slid to another. Its costing me around 7k to get mines fix, and it going to take about a month in a half. Front and rear suspension is getting redone, and all four rims. Man I feel your pain...my car had only 954 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2K1EBPSH:
I am sorry to hear that man. Me too, but what sucks in my case is my friend helped me wreck my car. I have a 2001 Electron Blue Type SH, and he tought that the SH can handle a turn about 95 and slammed the s*** out of my car, it hit a curb and slid to another. Its costing me around 7k to get mines fix, and it going to take about a month in a half. Front and rear suspension is getting redone, and all four rims. Man I feel your pain...my car had only 954 miles on it.</font>
I don't feel so bad anymore!
j/k
Sorry to hear that man I know how ya feel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sorry to hear that man. Me too, but what sucks in my case is my friend helped me wreck my car. I have a 2001 Electron Blue Type SH, and he tought that the SH can handle a turn about 95 and slammed the s*** out of my car, it hit a curb and slid to another. Its costing me around 7k to get mines fix, and it going to take about a month in a half. Front and rear suspension is getting redone, and all four rims. Man I feel your pain...my car had only 954 miles on it.</font>

It sounds like we are all in the same boat. I had parked my lude @ the mall away from other cars so I would not get door dinged. But when I came out to my car it was a different story. My front left fender was dented in about three inches and my whole alignment was messed up and it cost me 31/2 weeks w/o my car and $3000 damage.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
sorry to hear. there's a lot of ludes going down lately</font>
True, But its all good mine will be better than ever once I get it back. I'll have the JDM fogs, carbon fiber hood, and wheels waiting for her once she gets out of the shop.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
wheels waiting for her once she gets out of the shop.
</font>
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but if u are already planning to put on after-mkt rims, why are u replacing the stock rims at the bodyshop? Save that $$ and get urself a REALLY NICE set of rims!!! Just curious

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but if u are already planning to put on after-mkt rims, why are u replacing the stock rims at the bodyshop? Save that $$ and get urself a REALLY NICE set of rims!!! Just curious
</font>
Trust me I thought of this. But The insurance company is paying for the new stock wheels so its not really costing me any money. And I don't see the money from the insurance company so I couldn't just save that money for the wheels and get aftermarket ones. Good thought though!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
Trust me I thought of this. But The insurance company is paying for the new stock wheels so its not really costing me any money. And I don't see the money from the insurance company so I couldn't just save that money for the wheels and get aftermarket ones. Good thought though!</font>
I guess u don't know the bodyshop too well?
Cuz if u did, they will always get the max.amount of $$ for ur repairs to save deductible/ur out of pocket cost. And the ins. doesn't re-inspect ur car after repairs so they'll never know if u replaced ur stock wheels or not. I'm guessing ur stock wheels are costing ur at least $400/pc?
Honda is such a rip-off!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cuz if u did, they will always get the max.amount of $$ for ur repairs to save deductible/ur out of pocket cost. And the ins. doesn't re-inspect ur car after repairs so they'll never know if u replaced ur stock wheels or not. I'm guessing ur stock wheels are costing ur at least $400/pc?
</font>
They are getting the wheels for $156 a piece. This is my first time dealing with this bodyshop, but they do really good work. I'm not that worried about it though, I need a set of winter wheels anyway so I need the stockers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
And this guys is... what - still your friend?

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

·
Registered
162 Posts
</font>
A) That's fraud. I'm a claims adjuster by trade, and I love playing with little buggers like you. You know that this affects everyone else's insurance, right? And yes, we do re-inspections all the time, as is our right under the policy. We're more after the shops - you know, the ones that cut corners to save you out of pocket expenses. Those are the same ones that purchase new parts for the paper for the insurance company. Then they buy used parts, put them on your car, and return the new for a minor re-stocking fee. More cash in their pocket is more important to them than more cash in yours. Take your bloody chances, if you want to frequent that type of shop. But don't come crying to me...

B) You could ask your insurance company to cash settle you for the cost of the rims, based on the depreciated amount. Rims don't depreciate as much as the rest of the car - you'd take maybe a 20-25% hit if they were say 3 or 4 years old. So, you could still pocket $300 and buy the rims you want. Or you can get the full value of the stock rims and have them if you need them, or for winter tires, or whatever.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts