Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Prelude was down with timing belt and autotensioner issues, I co-drove a fellow STS'ers Neon ACR. He's got it well prepared for the class with the factory Konis, 600# springs up front and 700# springs in back. He's got a Mopar computer for it, Azenis on 16s, exhaust, and all the usual bolt-ons. Man, that car is alot of fun to drive. It had alot more low end than the Prelude and he's got it sprung VERY well. It's noisier and for a car with only 40K on it, it's beat to hell (been raced every day of it's short existance)!

I'll have the official results up in the next couple days, but I was able to win STS in the borrowed car beating the owner by 0.3 of a second. After indexing, I was able to get 3rd fastest for the day (damn National level drivers in their E-stock Miatas). I don't recall where I was in raw time. We grew from 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 competitors in STS this season and I'm very excited about the competition.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Nice win! That's why I never let anyone drive my car... They will just make me look bad. :laugh:

Which Neon ACR? The original body style (150hp, DOHC, 2500lbs)? Or the current one that's out now (150hp, SOHC, 2650lbs)?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Erik, was it Travis' Neon? I should've gone down to your event...I got spanked by 3 of the National-level competitors, and two of my local rivals at the 2-day Solotime Gateway To Nationals.:( At least I didn't end up last.

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it's the older style, however, I'm really not sure. I was amazed how well it handled. It's ...different than the Prelude, although I can't really say that one is better than the other. I liked driving the Neon and would be happy driving either car during a autocross.

Travis has an R/T. This was a fellow STS'r from Arkansas that I know.

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Congrats on the STS win and Top 3 Pax finish. :) Are you doing the TB and tensioner yourself?

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you doing the TB and tensioner yourself?
Already did it. :D I swear on all that is holy I picked up 5+ hp. The Prelude pulls like a beast from 2500 up, regardless of gear. I really want the dynojet to open up (another 3 months from talking to the owner last night) so I can dyno it. Other than a suspicious idle (seems lumpy/rough but doesn't stall) all is well. The damn thing pulls like a banshee now! June 8th is the next autocross and I can't wait!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts