Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the 2020 BMW 8 series Gran Coupe? Looks nice, is more rakish than the standard 8 series sedan. The "base" model from a performance standpoint looks to be slower than my Stinger GT or Genesis G70 (I-6 turbo with 335 hp/368 lb-ft torque), while the higher end engine choice is suitably potent (V8 turbo with 523 hp/553 lb-ft torque). Expect to pay a pretty penny for either one, starting from nearly $85k on up.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-bmw-8-series-gran-coupe-is-the-for-the-real-se-1835632987

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28089494/2020-bmw-8-series-gran-coupe-photos-info/

·
you can do EEEEET!
2,394 Posts
I had to back ten feet away from my computer to see it all. :laugh:

If I were in the market for something German and expensive right now, I'd seriously look at the Panamera Sport Turismo.
I was pretty close to buying a used Audi RS7 before I got my SS. decided it was a little too expensive. I’d still really like one

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was pretty close to buying a used Audi RS7 before I got my SS. decided it was a little too expensive. I’d still really like one
What's prices for a used RS7 these days? Brand-new, they're well over six figures for even the "base" 560hp V8 turbo.

·
Administrator
13,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P.s. I secretly like the stinger
I knew it! :laugh:

I actually appreciate the SS. Like my Stinger, rarely see them out in the wild. I saw an SS going the opposite direction this morning, first one I've seen in a few months. I've yet to see someone mod one up around here.

Low mileage 15-16’s go for around $50-60k.
50% depreciation, eh? That's pretty much par-for-the-course for luxury sport sedans. Probably don't drop much past 3 years (presumably). I'd be concerned about reliability though, especially if you're going to DD it.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Honestly Jared, I LOVE the SS, I just couldn't believe how hard it was to search for them online. Every website got it confused with any "SS" model Chevy and would be a wild goose chase. (a friends spent a short time pursuing them)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts