Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a '92 Talon TSi with an exhaust and a boost controller so I think his boost is at 14 instead of the stock 10. My Prelude is stock. We are going to race some time this week and I was wondering what everybody thinks the result will be. We're not going to race from a dead stop because he doesn't want to risk his clutch and that's ok because he's got AWD and not launching will help me. We're going to race a few times. We're going to start the races from about 4000rpm in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. What do you think? We'll probably do a race from about 30mph to 80 or 90mph. Does anybody have any suggestions for a race between the two cars that they'd like to see? Or a race that would give me a little advantage? Oh yeah, both cars are stick. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
0 Posts
195 hp stock, over 3100 lbs though.. so its a heavy car.

They've got a killer 0-60 @ 6.7 but that because of the AWD...

They're 1/4 time stock is a 15.2....

depending on your mods... you may or may not beat him... its not a sure thing either way. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
w0rdie, I'm stock.

And my friend is running 14psi, not 17. We're also racing from a roll so that should help me a bit. I already expect him to beat me, I just want to see by how much. But there is always the chance that I surprise him. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
RASHID007 said:
w0rdie, I'm stock.

And my friend is running 14psi, not 17. We're also racing from a roll so that should help me a bit. I already expect him to beat me, I just want to see by how much. But there is always the chance that I surprise him. :)
It will be close, race from 30 to 110... those cars have shitty top end. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
All I know if he's car was stock, it will be really close, depends on driver. But if he raised it to 14 dunno for sure. I heard they have shitty topend. Some say 4th and 5th just sucks. If i was u race till around 120 in a safe place so u wont get caught or something. If you race to around 100+ i say u have a good chance. If ur racing from a stop, he will hand u ur ass due that damn awd, grrr

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm sorry but there is no way you are going to even hang with him with his 14psi of boost.

I've owned a stock 90 Eclipse Turbo, and i've never had any problems beating stock vtec preludes rolling. From the line, I would beat them even worse.

If the Tsi is still in good condition, you will have no chance.

Goodluck anyways

·
Registered
939 Posts
I've raced my friends '90 Talon TSi, he had intake, gst intake manifold and Unorthodox pullies from what I remember. I have a '94 VTEC with H/I/E and pullies. We raced from 50 mph while he was running 18 psi. We stayed even all the way to the top of my 4th gear where I than started to slowly pull away, dropped into fith and I got a one car lead on him. They are pretty fast from a stop, but at higher speeds they loose their breath.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The boy I was going to race has a 91 GSX at 20 psi...

He totaly KILLED a friend of mine with a turbo integra... these cars are the poor mans supra... really fast with about 10$ in home-depot mods. ::shrug::

Still look like ****. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
My friend has a 90 Laser. Well lets just say that the car Whoops on Camaro SS and mustang Cobra's.
He runns 12's all day with front wheel drive. He has all the free mods. 2.5" exhaust, straight thru cat, Super 16g turbo, running ~18lbs boost. yada yada yada.
It does not matter what speed we start at he KILLS me!! And with a little work they have no problem over 100mph!!!!
Just be carefull with those DSM's major sleepers. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, we raced. Just once. From 30mph to 115mph. We started in 2nd. I did the honking. By the end of 2nd my front bumper was at the middle of his car. By the end of 3rd he pulled away to about 2 car lengths. And in 4th he added another car length before we shut down because of traffic. So he beat me by 3 car lengths.

For a recap, I have a stock 2001 Prelude 5-speed and he has a '92 Talon TSi with intake, exhaust, and boost controller running 14psi boost instead of the stock 10psi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All Cars have different and good qualities so i cannot compare and vote my cast for any kind of car i have one best car here i will share some picture and details about eagle talon tsi...

Img From : en wikipedia org

1 - 17 of 17 Posts