Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
gurantee that will be a hot seller.

glad they're bringing it back in hatch form. you can just forsee how big the sales will be.

that si with a drop and body kit would look sweet.
for the price you probably can't beat it.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Wow, same engine as the RSX... except de-tuned. Easily swappable for the RSX engine.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the extra torque,shifter and the light weight. Plus I'd bet the new engine is a lot smoother than the vibrating B16.
I think it will have 170hp, for why read on. Ratings RSX Type-S 200hp and 142ft-lbs
2002 Si 160hp and 141ft-lbs
I posted this on clubSi:
This is only somewhat scientific but very probable I think:
If the RSX's Type-S hP peak is at 7500(8000 Redline) then it would have about 140 ft-lbs and 200hp at that exact point, everyone follow? Now since it looks like the Si engine redlines at 7000 lets say that the hp peak is at 6500 with say 137 ft-lbs at that point, OK?
That gives us 170 hp, ok maybe not, 169.55, but close enough.
Now if the Si engine makes peak torque at 6500(I know this is unlikely, that's why I said IF) that gives us 174.5hp---sounds much better than 160 doesn't it.
This makes perfect sense as Acura would not want to take away sales from the RSX Type-S, just as VW underrated the 1.8T placed under the VR6, and the power would be an even match for the SVT Focus(170hp and 140ft-lbs)--a main competitor for the 2002 Si.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
even better....if it is detuned in such a way...Honda should sell a performance kit through their dealer network that would let you recover a bunch of that power!

it'd cost a lot...but hey...there's one born every second

------------------
2000 Ficus Green Prelude - Powered by WAAAAAAAAH PPPSSSHSHHH

What stands between a Prelude Driver and an ear to ear grin? About 5500 RPMs!

my next mod:
Larger Picture

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
anyone else think it looks like a Focus face with a Golf rear? Well, Golf rear with Audi taillights.

·
Registered
152 Posts
might of found a replacement for my prelude. but that color is beyond horrible. ill take a normal white. tired of pearl white on my lude.

·
Registered
152 Posts
the look of it might be a tad different compared too my lude. but damn i saw the engine specs. slow as ass. whats up wit 140 torque and 160 hp when my lude romps that. id like a 250HP 200lb Torque engine in that bad boy wit a nice phatty 6 speed

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zentron:
the look of it might be a tad different compared too my lude. but damn i saw the engine specs. slow as ass. whats up wit 140 torque and 160 hp when my lude romps that. id like a 250HP 200lb Torque engine in that bad boy wit a nice phatty 6 speed</font>
that would effectively kill the RSX, i believe.

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

:D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
why they have to copy alfa romeo and put the shifter there????!!!!!

argghhhh1!!!!!!

can't stand that crap!!!!

the car was loooking good till i saw that shifter location. dunno..anyone ever try a car w/ a shifter located there? just don't loook right.

------------------
kimchi cures cancer

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
johnsoncranium: the new Toyota Matrix (and probably it's twin the Pontiac Vibe) also have the shifter mounted there. While I do agree the Civic looks like *ss, the Matrix one isn't too bad.

But yeah, Preludes still rock though. I'm paying more and more attention to how it looks from the front. So friggn' menacing to me. hehehe

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Quick Photoshop:

--Sam

[This message has been edited by checkmate58 (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
268 Posts
if the price is ok..
i'll get that as second car with my lude next year

heeh

BTW..the shifter is there cause it is beeing closer to the tranny = better feeling and precision..

i think that with the same detuned engine as the RSX it leaves the door wide open for good modifications..

this car as really good air efficeicy properties, light weight..

only missing 2 mor doors in the back ;p
heeh

i think it will sell a lot..

maybe less in the US don't know why u guys let down the last gen though..here the civic HB never stopp selling like crazy

i'm very pleased that they don't let us down and bring it here next year

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
hey guys, think about the big picture with the shifter. What will ours girlfriends/wives be able to do better/easier with the shifter there in stead of having a center console between the two seats? Hmmmmmmm.......

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

1 - 20 of 31 Posts