Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... i hope someone will be able to help me out here.

I have a 2001 5speed SE Prelude. couple days ago i stopped at a pizza place for 30-45min. I got back into my car tried to start it and it wouldn't start anymore. it would crank perfectly as if it's about to start but it just cranks. battery is fine, fuel pump is working, 1/4 tank of fuel in there, and alternator is fine as well and everything inside the car works perfectly fine as well. I tried to boost it as well but didn't work. I changed the spark plugs because i was told that they might be old. still no luck. Then i checked if there's spark getting from the distributor to the spark plugs, but there wasn't. I got my ignition coil tested and it's fine so I was told that i need a new distributor. so I bought and installed a new distributor. it does send the sparks now but still no luck. it still just cranks but doesn't start.

if someone knows what could be wrong, please help me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a friend of mine just told me that i forgot to put it into Top Dead Center when I put in the new distributor. Now because I've installed the distributor without setting to TDC and been trying to start it, it moved my shafts so i'll have to take it to a mechanic to get the shaft into position. anyway of overcoming this issue on my own instead of taking it to mechanic?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Doesn't matter if it was at TDC or anywhere else when you installed the distributor. The shaft is notched a certain so everything lines up when you install it and it can't be installed incorrectly. Since you have a 5th gen, timing is not set by rotating the distributor, so that isn't an issue either.

·
RACECAR
2,883 Posts
Check your spark plug wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts