Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. heres how it is. i despise people with v6 mustangs. not mustangs in general, but people that drive v6 mustangs and think that they have the fastest car in the school parking lot. yea, i know. trust me. it gets old. Sooo, anyways, a kid at school gets so convenient enough to have his parents to just go off and buy him a car for him (i wish i didnt work my butt off either :rolleyes: ) and guess what? its a 05 V6 Mustang. Isnt he Cool...
oh and by the way ITS AN AUTOMATIC. and he tells me he could take me cause he has a v6 and i dont :blah: I told him stfu and u dont know what you're talking about. Now correct me If im wrong, but dont i have him from a stop from one stoplight to a another.... PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME REASSURANCE PLEASE

·
Registered
32 Posts
ye probably its auto ew i hate those cars i wouldnt be to worried:D
Those are my "Favorite" type of Mustangs to KILL! Yes You can Smoke them Auto... I Would know........Not that I Approve of or Partake in "Illegal Street Racing"... But Yes You would Kill Him =)

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Stock vs. Stock the v6 mustang will be faster than you. What are the girls at school going to think when you lose?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yea I love people talking **** about v6 mustangs. It's so funny. But the guy that said that thing about the girls at school, win or lose, I got that part covered. :D But anyways v6 mustangs scream inefficency: 4.2 Liters, 215 hp, 160 to the wheels????? Come on ford, look at the base model camaros and btw 5th gen preludes look MUCH better :) Great point death_adder

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure you'd do just fine against a 2005-2009 V6 Auto Mustang if you've already gone to an aftermarket clutch and flywheel... and a stiffer suspension that isn't worn out and wobbly. Stock maybe not. At a stoplight drag it'll probably come down to your shifting technique vs his trans-brake technique (if he even knows how to do that). If it's a race on a mountain road... no contest. That's what the Prelude is designed for.

If he's modified his V6 with a blower, don't bother.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm just guessing here but I'm pretty sure you'd do just fine against a 2005-2009 V6 Auto Mustang if you've already gone to an aftermarket clutch and flywheel... and a stiffer suspension that isn't worn out and wobbly. Stock maybe not. At a stoplight drag it'll probably come down to your shifting technique vs his trans-brake technique (if he even knows how to do that). If it's a race on a mountain road... no contest. That's what the Prelude is designed for.

If he's modified his V6 with a blower, don't bother.
I thought the same thing until I got smoked.these stangs are quicker than what ppl give them credit for.

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
I've beaten a 2009 manual one before (last summer to be exact). He was modded too (he also had underglow neons :barf: ).. He had one passenger, and I had one passenger. It was a fun race. His car was LOUD.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I thought the same thing until I got smoked.these stangs are quicker than what ppl give them credit for.
Really? I've tended to avoid street contests since owning this car. It likes to make noise under normal acceleration and this seems to make even SUV and minivan drivers think I am trying to race them. Which is depressing because new family haulers are difficult to keep up with unless I accelerate at 10/10ths in traffic and in doing so look like a 16 year old lunatic. That said, older (pre-2005) V6 Mustangs were never a concern for me but then again... most of the time they don't try to get my attention either.

In Florida I was really getting bored with this car but when I moved to Cali I discovered so many great mountain roads to enjoy it on that the shortcomings fell away again, since at that point it wasn't about raw horsepower and torque. Still... while it's loads of fun to drive I keep coming back to the car's shortcomings and slowness versus its cost of upkeep and average gas mileage.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
If it's a race on a mountain road... no contest. That's what the Prelude is designed for.
This is probably mainly up the driver. I wouldn't discount them just because it's a RWD vehicle and you've got a FWD. Sure you might think the prelude handles exceptionally well, but if you ever went to an autocross, look at the times and see where you are compared to other cars.

You would be surprised at what cars you think you could take, that obliterate your times.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
This is probably mainly up the driver. I wouldn't discount them just because it's a RWD vehicle and you've got a FWD. Sure you might think the prelude handles exceptionally well, but if you ever went to an autocross, look at the times and see where you are compared to other cars.

You would be surprised at what cars you think you could take, that obliterate your times.
Oh, I'm not discounting V6 Mustangs on the basis that they are RWD. Even with a live axle it's clearly a superior drive layout. I only discount them on the basis that the pre-2005 V6 Mustangs are often automatic with very spongy suspensions. I am not sure but I believe the weight is similar to our cars in V6 variants of that generation.

I've done autocross a few times (on my first it took me a few tries to get the hang of understanding where within a lot of identical cones you are supposed to go-- very confusing) and it was pretty obvious that however my car felt to me it yielded average times at best.

I've lost my hatred for the car but sometime this last December the idea has festered in my mind to just cut my losses and sell it and get into something cheap with more potential like a 5.0 Fox Mustang.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
While I agree that 5th gens look better, I think the retro mustang look is 100 times better than the pre-2005 mustangs which were ugly as sin.
Agreed. I hated the way 94-04's looked. The 2011 Mustangs look far better than the 2005-2010's, however.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts