Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i put gas in it while it's running it dies.
When you try to start it up, you have too push the gas pedal down.
It will try to die on me for like 1-2 min. then it's normal. No check
engine lights or nothing.The car is stock besides a aem cai.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like your fuel filter may be clogged based on your having to push the gas to make it start/run from the onset. I'd check that out first, before I did anything more serious. As far as it dying when you put gas in it, just turn the car off. You're not supposed to have it running when you fill up anyway(I do this too, I need to listen to myself).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if i turn off the car off, it still runs like crap for a few seconds after startup.
The car set atleast for 4 months before i bought it.I wonder if the pressure from the gas
pump is messing it up? How does it relieve the pressure from the pump?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There shouldn't really be any pressure delivered to the tank at the pump. There's about a 1/8" gap between the pump and the actual opening into the gas tank, and as you're pulling the pump out of the tank, it's held open for a split second- but long enough to relieve any pressure that could build up. For that matter, any pressure on the tank is also released when you open the gas cap.

With the car having sat for 4 months before you started driving it, it could be something super simple, buildup in the lines/injectors, possibly even water in the tank/lines somewhere. Try cleaning the injectors, maybe run a little Heet through to clean them up and remove any possible water in the tank as well. Still sounds like it could be a clogged fuel filter, make sure to check that out too, as they're stupidly cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts