Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First post here and I have a question or two.

I've recently came across a OEM Honda Security Module, in which I had to rip out a defunct aftermarket unit. Car runs and works completely fine after this.

2000 models are plug and play for this type of security box (kind of like installing fog lights). I connected this up and here's my issues;

AUTOLOCK; Works as intended, take key out, open door and walk away, the car will flash lights and lock
AUTO/MANUAL; Does not seem to recognize locking/unlocking the car with the OEM FOB/keyless system, therefor does not arm/disarm remotely.

I have tried to reprogram my FOB, which works, but only controls the keyless locking system, the secuirty system does not notice anything (no red light etc.)

Honda Security Module P/N: 08E51-S84-7M0-02
Security Harness P/N: 08E55-S30-7002-01
Keyless Remote shown below.

Do I need the OEM security fob instead of the keyless fob?

Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi ZippiT that is a great find. I also have the OEM Honda Security System. If I understand correctly, you can't lock and unlock your car with the fob (remote) but the security system doesn't make a noise? I have this remote and I suggest you get this model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ZippiT that is a great find. I also have the OEM Honda Security System. If I understand correctly, you can't lock and unlock your car with the fob (remote) but the security system doesn't make a noise? I have this remote and I suggest you get this model.
Hey Brod,

I bought a FOB link

FCC ID AZ269ZUA101

But I am still unable to enter any programming mode with it, but the keyless remote still works with the keyless receiver.

Everythong on the alarm works, but not being able to program it is an annoyance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts