Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place that I found that has blue tint only has it in 20%. Will that be okay for the side mirror tint? Also, I am going to do 20% all around the 5 windows too, will that be alright, I don't care if I get pulled over since having it too light up front looks dumb and 20 is light already, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
The place that I found that has blue tint only has it in 20%. Will that be okay for the side mirror tint? Also, I am going to do 20% all around the 5 windows too, will that be alright, I don't care if I get pulled over since having it too light up front looks dumb and 20 is light already, thanks.</font>

I think 20% on the windows and then 20% on the mirror will make it very very hard to see at night. I have 50% on my windows and haven't done the mirrors yet and it gets tough to see sometimes.

BTW Ray if you read this I got a roll of blue tint....I'll let you know how it comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what percentage is your blue tint? I guess i might go lighter on the window tint then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
where did you get the blue tint from?</font>
A local shop that sells tons of different stuff. They also had that cheesy ass tint with the sparkles in it and stars and crap...anyone need that for their mirrors?!?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
20 % all around on your windows is tight thats what I have but I wouldnt put 20% blue on your mirrors...you want it to look like the Mercedes and other cars mirrors right? 20 on the morrors wont look good, see if you can find 35 or 50% for the mirrors, I have worked at a tint and detail shop for a while and we have done mirrors with 50, it will prob look more realistic and clean.
 

·
retired
Joined
·
7,431 Posts
i just recently got my side mirrors tinted blue. i dont know what percent it is but it is pretty dark. darker than my blue tinted broadway mirror. i got it done for only 15 bucks too
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
BTW Ray if you read this I got a roll of blue tint....I'll let you know how it comes out.</font>
Cool man......let me know how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SADWAP97:
i just recently got my side mirrors tinted blue. i dont know what percent it is but it is pretty dark. darker than my blue tinted broadway mirror. i got it done for only 15 bucks too
</font>

They are dark but how do they look, still alright or too dark. I am doing it in the morning tomorrow and the place only has 20% blue tint, should I just go for it. I t is a packaged deal for all 5 windows and side mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I have 35% reflective blue tint on the mirrors, and 20% all the way around.

</font>
Malk, does your 35% blue look like the jdm mirrors? I just want to do it right the first time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
A local shop that sells tons of different stuff. They also had that cheesy ass tint with the sparkles in it and stars and crap...anyone need that for their mirrors?!?!?
</font>
can i buy some blue tint from you? i can't find it in Milwaukee... and.. hey.. did you get a chance to take a photo of your SH rims?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Almost a straight up match.

</font>
where/how much for/ did you get it done? don't hold out on us now!
 

·
retired
Joined
·
7,431 Posts
ovadalimit.. i just called up a few places and asked around if they would do it.

i got it done at some place in here in burbank. it was their first time doing it to mirrors, and it didn't turn out perfect. there are some small bubbles around the edges. it's kinda dark, but not too dark.
not bad for 15 bucks i think.

i took off my mirrors myself and just gave it to them to tint. i think that's why it was cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am leaving my mirrors on for them to do, not going to risk putting it back on, hope the job turns out okay, will post pics after.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SADWAP97:

i took off my mirrors myself and just gave it to them to tint. i think that's why it was cheap.
</font>
How was it to get tehm off and back on? Are they loose like someone else mentioned? I'd perfer to do them off the car but if there going to wobble and crap I'll do them on the car.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top