Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back home in the ol SW Michigan again.

First race, around 11 pm 2 nights ago, a white 4 gen SI with his girl riding shot gun on the street that I was about to turn on, see me. Then he starts honking and shouting nonsense at my car. So I pull on to the street, and this fool gets caught at a red light. Heh heh. So I pull up next to him, look over, and he gives me a corny look, and his girl laughs. Then he revs, and from that sound, his car was stock. I still had my intake in, but i didnt rev. The light turns green, and I do a slow rolling launch from 1500, and he jumps a car ahead. I start pulling at the top of first, and by the end of second, his front end was at my rear bumper. By the end of third, he was a good 4 cars behind. I slow down for him to catch up, but he slows down and turns off onto a side street. I was alone with 1/8th tank of gas on a 55 degree night. He had a passenger, and NO VTEC!! ;)

Second race. I'm stock now. Last night. I had my 260 pound cousin in the car, and I had just filled up 10 minutes earlier. I was driving through the sorry village of Berrien Springs Michigan, on my way home from South Bend. I pulled up to a red light, and this white accord coupe circa 89-92 lines up next to me. I could see the grin on his face through his tint. His car had rims, intake, exhaust, and from his decals, headers, short shifter, and pullies. And he had a passenger. But I couldnt tell which motor he had. He revs on me, and the light turns green. I did a very slow rolling start, and he took off. He jumped a good 2 cars on me of the bat. He stayed 2 cars ahead of me through first, and half way through second. But then around 50, I started to gain on him. Then when I hit third gear, I pulled on him pretty dam good. His passenger was cheering him on, then the cheering stopped when I caught up and my cousin waved bye bye to him as I passed him around 80. By 95 , he was done, about 3 cars back. I was pretty impressed that he could maintain such speed in an Accord. But then, I had to represent for the Lude, and show him his place on the Honda food chain. I know if I had launched, it woulda been a whoopin. But I decided to take it easy on him.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nice work waxing both of those morons. I had all too much fun in the Bay Area WHOOPING UP on Civic Si's...'Bout the only Civic I get worried about now is the hatch w/ that funny whistling sound & no interior.

J

·
Registered
482 Posts
why you guys whooping up on slower cars????
put your standards higher
but i guess they need to be checked every now and then

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not recently. Only those two races I've had lately. Which is good enough for me. The rain has been sucking lately.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
dchung1 said:
why you guys whooping up on slower cars????
put your standards higher
but i guess they need to be checked every now and then
I dunno...they're a good warmup, you have to admit. That's all I do it for now, to warm up for the others, hehe. For awhile, that's all I ran into, in terms of people wanting to race me, just youngsters in Civic Si's.

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Fast&furiuslude said:
race a i/e/h one from a roll slick youll be surprised
I have, and you're right, it was a surprise (but he had gutted interior, one seat, a lot of bolt ons, and I had full interior, system, and two people). I raced him up to 135+ mph, but from 3rd on, I pulled, pulled, pulled on his sorry butt. Si's are weak, period.

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts