Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored my first index win at last weekends autocross meet. OK, I got lucky. I had a non-standing water run in heat #1, the guys in STS had a fair chance at me, but the guys in Heat #2 didn't really have a shot at index time due to the puddles...

Due to the high winds we had to double up all the cones so they wouldn't blow away!!! Trust me, the cones make a bug loud noise when you broadside them at about 30mph... I thought for sure I dented my car, but nothing... I did need to jack-up my car to get the cones out though.

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Congrats! I think you're more than ready to kick my arse at Peru in July.:)

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
Mugenlude said:
I scored my first index win at last weekends autocross meet. OK, I got lucky. I had a non-standing water run in heat #1, the guys in STS had a fair chance at me, but the guys in Heat #2 didn't really have a shot at index time due to the puddles...

Due to the high winds we had to double up all the cones so they wouldn't blow away!!! Trust me, the cones make a bug loud noise when you broadside them at about 30mph... I thought for sure I dented my car, but nothing... I did need to jack-up my car to get the cones out though.
*YES* Another wet weather STS win. That's how I got FTD last November, cold, windy, and wet. Congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
A win is a win! STS rules in the rain. Congrats! :bigthumb:

Andrew

·
Registered
410 Posts
Awesome! Congrats...it must be those Mugen and Spoon parts in your car. ;)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hahahaha, you lucked out SOOOOOO much!!! But hey, gotta take the win any way you can get it, right? THank goodness it didn't rain during my heats at Chicago. You cheeseheads and your weather :p . Can I just tell you how bad Hoosiers suck in the cold, especially running them for the first time????

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran my normal dry setup ---> only change was rear dampers at full soft… and oh yeah, I disconnected my sway bars. :) It sucked doing it with my stock jack… rear was easy because I’ve done it before, the front took a little longer because it hadn’t been off the car previous…

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wutangben said:
how many people do you usually have running in STS in the chicago events?
This was a Milwaukee Region Event... we usually have 15-25 entrants. I would say that 4-5 top competitors... in the Chicago Region we have less people usually, with about 3-4 top competitors...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mugenlude said:
This was a Milwaukee Region Event... we usually have 15-25 entrants. I would say that 4-5 top competitors... in the Chicago Region we have less people usually, with about 3-4 top competitors...
in STS only right?

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wutangben said:

in STS only right?
Yeah 15-25 in STS... around 120-180 overall....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts