Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting in wheel and tires forum, but I didn't get any answers, so....

Is it possible to put a 19 inch rim on a 5th gen? I'm lowered on ground control coilovers, btw.

I found some rims that come in either 18x7.5 or 19x7. The 19's have a smaller width :confused: Both are rated at ~26lbs, I believe.

I figured since it's only 7 inches it might work with the correct offset.

If it is possible to fit them on the car, what offset would be needed?

I'm not concerned with the negative effects on acceloration, but is there any other ill effects I should expect with such large rims?

I'll probably end up with 18's, but I'm curious and very tempted to try out the 19's :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
yes...a few older members of this board have had 19s on their prelude. One being Wbb6

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Well, I'm lowered, and I have 18"s on my ride. I had to get the fenders cut/rolled cuz the tires were rubbing. If you get 19"s, you might need to do this too and/or get really low-profile tires.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Its all about the offset. I've seen it done. That guy in Super Street last month had 19's. I have seen his car many times in person and it seems to be ok. He doesn't drive it much so that might also have something to do with it. I'm sure you can fit the wheels but driving daily might be an issue. I'd get 19x7.5 with a 215/35/19 rubber band...then shoot for a +48 offset or somewhere around there. I'm lowered over 2" on 18s with out a single problem.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yeah man...my friends' gf had 19s on her car. Its the matter of the offset as usual.

--Sam

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
well i have 215/35/18 with a 45 offset and im lowered on neuspeed race springs(2")and the only thing i had to do is grind down the tab in the back and now im fine, no problems

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
moving to rims/tires but ill leave the redirect up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
buh_buh said:
WOW! Very nice :eek:

What offset were you running, that looks to be the same drop as I'm at :eek:

Why'd you go back to 18's?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
They're not my wheels, haha. Those wheels belong to Shadowz. I just borrowed them for a couple weeks. I love the way they look, but the ride is considerably worse. Its like I can feel every single bump on the road.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
buh_buh said:
They're not my wheels, haha. Those wheels belong to Shadowz. I just borrowed them for a couple weeks. I love the way they look, but the ride is considerably worse. Its like I can feel every single bump on the road.

lol...are you complaining? ive got 18's in da rear and im thinkin bout goin wit 19's soon also

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car rides nice and smooth, just gotta watch pot holes.. I love 35 series!

My friends who dont know how to drive, always bend their rims,, if you know how to drive right, then dont worry.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I've seen some preludes w/ 19's too....like they said, the offset will make the difference. you'll need really thin tires too :( the ride probably won't be that great....but then again, people say that the ride w/ 18's is bad, an I don't notice a problem ::shrug:: if you can get the right offset w/ small enough tires, then you'll probably be fine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts